Light-O-Rama Forums

Light problem

Dave Roche

Hello all I hope everybody had a great T-Day.
Well lets get to it. I running video this year with LOR S2
Opening night all was well no problems, tonight however I was running the show with no Video, just a standard music sqen.
parts of the display lights are not working. when I turn off the show editor and open LOR sqen and play the same song thats having problems in the show editor everything runs great all lights work. any body have any ideas? It seems to be as far as I can tell in controller 2 and 3 I changed out cat5 cables no luck. Help! Thanks Dave

Try using the LOR Verifier. It can detect all sorts of problems that would cause shows, or sequences in shows, not to run.

Also, if you're using a relatively recent version (2.5.2 or higher), the LOR Control Panel's status window will show a log of what's going on with your show. It might put out a log message saying why it's not playing some particular sequence.

I looked at the Verifier and opened it up but I don't have a clue how this thing works. Do i start it with a show going? or just start it when I open from control panel and no show going. I have S2 Ver. 4.3.2.

You don't need to have a show running in order to use the Verifier. It will only check shows that are scheduled, though, and only sequences that are in those shows, so if you want to check a particular show, make sure it's scheduled, and if you want to check a particular sequence, make sure it's in a show that's scheduled.

To use it, just start it up (from either your computer's Start Menu or from the LOR Control Panel), and click the "Verify" button. It will then start putting out a bunch of log messages; eventually it will finish up, and show you the main results of its findings.