Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding a song to a live show

chuckd

Simple question here, can I add a song to a running show, and LOR will see it WITHOUT disabling and re-enabling shows? Will LOR see a new .SHW file date, or does it only load it once?

Additionally, what if I make a change to the scheduler? Do I have to disable and re-enable for LOR to re-load it, or does it see that the file has changed automatically?

Well then, what if I simply change one of the sequence files, and not a show or schedule?

Will LOR pick up the changed sequence the next time around, or will it reset the show to the start, or does it not know?

The show player does not check sequences for changes. Once a sequence has been loaded, that's the version of that sequence that will be used forever thereafter, until the next run of the show.

LOR version 1 would load the sequence each time it was needed. This had the advantage of allowing a new version of a sequence to be dropped in without restarting the entire show (which runs the shutdown sequences, including the one I have with a voiceover that says: "The show is finished. See you tomorrow at 5:30.) :(

A nice feature, and one you should ask at wishlist@lightorama.com, is for the show player to monitor changes not only to show files, but also sequence files, and to reload them (in the background).

Steven wrote:

A nice feature, and one you should ask at wishlist@lightorama.com, is for the show player to monitor changes not only to show files, but also sequence files, and to reload them (in the background).

Amen! I would settle for a manual procedure you could click in the control panel to reload sequence files... Or even to disable a particular sequence until the end of the show.

bhays wrote:

Or even to disable a particular sequence until the end of the show.

I think you can disable a sequence by renaming its media file. I know the show will skip a musical sequence if the media can't be found. I think this will also happen while the show is playing, but I haven't tried it yet.