Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple Show Builder

captainron19

I built my first show last night - I used the Simple Show Builder. is there another better method or is that my best course? I assume it automatically schedules it in the simple show builder but how would I remove that show or edit the times I originally set up in the wizard to build it?

The SSB will place the shows into the regular scheduler for you.

Simply open the "LOR Schedule" program (via the LOR Control Panel or your start button" to see what did for you. You could edit the times, etc., directly from there without going through the SSB again.

I agree with both Don and Max - create the show with the SSB and then edit the start/stop times if you want something more precise than the 15 minute intervals the SSB allows. If you want to add or delete sequences or move the order around then use the show editor. Make sure to save any changes you make with either editor.

I opened the show editor and navigated to the file that the SSB Built and when I clicked on musical I saw the sequences and how I oculd change the order. But, I still cannot find how to edit the times of a show built using the SSB

I Opened the schedule editor and it shows nothing.

Do I have to open the LSS file that the SSB built and re-do the timing completely?

captainron19 wrote:

Did you scroll down to where the times are scheduled?

Usually when you open the schedule editor it displays the week starting at 12am through to 2p.m. so you have to scroll down to where your times were. The scroll bar is cut off a little bit. There you can click on any of your shows and either edit or delete. This is assuming that the SSB created a schedule to begin with.

As a side note if your not happy with the schedule you can just delete weeksched.lsc and redo. This won't delete the show.

Darryl Lambert wrote:

captainron19 wrote:

Did you scroll down to where the times are scheduled?

Usually when you open the schedule editor it displays the week starting at 12am through to 2p.m. so you have to scroll down to where your times were. The scroll bar is cut off a little bit. There you can click on any of your shows and either edit or delete. This is assuming that the SSB created a schedule to begin with.

As a side note if your not happy with the schedule you can just delete weeksched.lsc and redo. This won't delete the show.

Dont I feel like a dummy! There it was.... thanks

Is there a way to see the location the show files that are listed are from?
Can you change the default location?

I have sequence and audio files in a number of different folders and I don't see any indication of where the show scheduler id going to show the list of shows or how to change this location?

If you don't have an associated audio file in the right folder for one of the musicial numbers in the show will it just skip that number or stop the show.

Thank
PropMaster

PropMaster, I don't understand your first question (about the location of show files). Could you please rephrase it?

Regarding your second question:

If a song file that's supposed to be used for a sequence is missing, the sequence will be skipped. It will not cause the show to stop.

Incidentally, you can use the LOR Verifier to catch a lot of potential problems with your scheduled shows and their sequences, including this one.

The show builder is going to some folder to show the list of available sequences that you then select the one's you want from. What folder is that? Are you able to point the show builder to a different folder?

If not, then you must insure that any sequence you want to add to the show is in the default folder...what is that default folder?

Typically in windows when a folder is open (to select files from) the path to that folder is shown (c:/documents/lor/sequences), etc. The show builder does not show any info on the path to the folder it is opening.

Thanks
Paul

bob wrote:

It's a tool that checks for various potential problems with your LOR configuration, your schedule, your scheduled shows, and the sequences in your scheduled shows.

Details can be found in the help file; you can see the latest version online here:

http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?verifier.htm

Thanks for the help bob - my first year with LOR and still getting use to it all. I did just run the verifier and it spit back about 20 or so warnings but they all had to do with some sequences I have an extra channel called "beat" that I used for my tapper wizard. I guess I never deleted the unused channel - does having it in place pose a problem with the software?
All of the warnings indicated that either the channel was completely off or missing settings

The show builder is going to some folder to show the list of available sequences that you then select the one's you want from. What folder is that? Are you able to point the show builder to a different folder?

It's the same folder as the Sequence Editor uses by default.

If you want to change it, you can do so by using Windows Explorer to go to the directory that your LOR program files are stored in (typically, but not always, C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama), and running the "LORPost" program that should be contained therein.

LORPost will ask you for the name of a directory; tell it one level above where you want your Sequences directory and Audio directory. For example, if you want them in C:LORSequences and C:LORAudio, tell LORPost C:LOR.

There's currently no support for splitting up the Sequences and Audio directories into different parent directories, or naming them things other than "Sequences" and "Audio".

Thanks for the help bob - my first year with LOR and still getting use to it all. I did just run the verifier and it spit back about 20 or so warnings but they all had to do with some sequences I have an extra channel called "beat" that I used for my tapper wizard. I guess I never deleted the unused channel - does having it in place pose a problem with the software? All of the warnings indicated that either the channel was completely off or missing settings

No, it won't pose any problem. Anything that the Verifier says is a "warning" is just that - a warning. It might or might not be an actual problem. If the Verifier knows for sure that something is a problem, it will label it as an "error" instead.

In this particular case, it doesn't know that the reason your channel is missing its settings is because you're using it as a beat track; all it knows is that you have a channel with no settings. This might be because of something like you're doing, in which case it isn't a problem, but it might also be because you just forgot to set them, in which case that channel won't control the lights that you're hoping it will control. So the Verifier warns you about it.

Generally, when the Verifier shows you a warning that you're sure isn't really a problem, you should right click on that message, and "Ignore this result". It won't bother you about it in the future.

If you ever want it to stop ignoring something that you've told it to ignore, click on the "Ignored Results" tab, and it will be listed there; right click on the message, and tell it to stop ignoring this result.

There's also something like "Ignore all results with this message number", but it's probably safer to use "Ignore this result", unless it becomes overwhelming. "Ignore this result" will ignore this particular message about this particular channel of this particular sequence (or whatever the message is related to); "Ignore all results with this message number" will ignore all similar results, regardless of what channel or sequence or whatever.

Oh, also, you can right-click on a message and select "Help on this message", which will tell you information specifically about that message. For example, check out what the help file says about the warning that you got for your beat track:

http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?30_channel_is_missing_settings.htm

It will also open up to the appropriate help file page if you left click on the message and then click the "Help" button.