Light-O-Rama Forums

Flickering problems

gsxr7500

I cant seem to figure it out but on some of my down fades i am getting a flicker. I never had this problem before. The only thing i can think of that i changed from last year to this year is the version of Lor to 2.4.8. Last year it ran perfect i tried changing some of my fades that i used instead of going from lets say 25%to 100% i changed it 0% to 100% thinking that would be my fix. But that didnt work. I am a we bit nervous to mess with anything cause my show is running and i dont want to kill it but im let down as fas as how it looks. What can i do?????

First of no one but you knows something is wrong with how your show is going.

You didnt say which model controllers you have. In ant event check the firmware versions especially if you have the PC series controllers. I had problems with flicker and lag time and when I did the firmware updates it was all gone.

You can do firmware updates with all of your controllers connected. You will need to do them one at a time.

Anthony

I just had to do this for my LED icicles on my garage. Simply cause I forgot when I set up.

I installed a single C-9 socket on a piece of spt cord/with male and female plugs. Only long enough to get the items on the cord. About 1 foot long and screw in a C-9 bulb. This provides enough load for LOR to dim correctly.

I noticed my lights flickering and I have known about the snubber for like 4 years. Just forgot that I put one on the garage in the past. Put the bulb on the line and dims smoothly thru a 10 second fade.

Chuck

I'm having flickering problems as well. It's somewhat random, somewhat consistent.

The first night I had very few problems, just some slight random flickering. I remembered reading something last year about CFLs causing problems, so I swapped out the CFL in my North Pole for a regular bulb.

The flickering was actually worse the second night. On one of my arches, the red LEDs randomly flickered on, very faintly, to the beat of the music. It was as if it was somehow getting a faint signal from other lights. Everything on the arches, and on the controllers they were hooked to, was off at that point. I had no other problems with this arch throughout all the other songs.

At various other points, I did have the white incandescent lights on a different arch flicker on. Also at the one point where all the lights on all the arches are on (Red, Green, and Blue LEDs, White incandescent) there is noticeable flickering.

My LED icicle lights also don't fade well. Most of the posts I see about this problem says it is a load problem...but I have 15 strings connected end to end...wouldn't that be enough of a load?

And I know..you want to know what brand they are!!

Unfortunately I am at work, and I don't remember.

cmoore60 wrote:

One or two strings end to end dim fine for me. But I have like 17 end to end and they do all kinds of strange things without the snubber (c-9 bulb).

Chuck

Now that you mention it...when I first got my LOR's and was fooling around with them, I only had one string of icicle lights plugged into each channel..and they faded fine!!! Guess it's time to get a "snubber"...

Just wanted to check back in. I thought all my controllers were at the latest firmware, but it turns out they weren't.

I updated them and it completely solved the flicker problem.

• 2 weeks later...

One set of new LED's for this year flickered on fade. I just put a single C-9 bulb an a short wireand plug, and plugged it in where that string connectes at the controller. That fixed the probem... extra load. It is a very small extra load but it works for me.