Light-O-Rama Forums

Song/Sequence stops in middle

Don

I ran into this problem last night, and resolved it. Thought I would go ahead and mention it here in case it helps someone in the future.

I have a sequencing computer and a show computer. The path names are the same, so I don't have to worry about changing them. Just move the new sequence over when I create/edit them. Last night, however, I had a song stop in the middle of the sequence. (And LOR correctly went on to play the next one in the list.)

I walked inside and saw this error message in the control panel.

10:30:46 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Error playing media file: Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.) Musical: C:mypathSequencessequence_name.lms

After some investigation it turns out that when I was transferring the audio to the show computer, I stopped it in the middle of this song. It's a .WAV file, and only about 12MB of the 32MB had transferred. I guess there is something in the way Windows Media Player loads a song that allowed it to play part of it the first time and skipped it every other time. (I did wait to see what would happen next time the song came up in the rotation, it simply skipped it after that first time.)

I guess there is something in the way Windows Media Player loads a song that allowed it to play part of it the first time and skipped it every other time. (I did wait to see what would happen next time the song came up in the rotation, it simply skipped it after that first time.)

WMP is the one detecting the problem (which apparently it doesn't do until halfway through the song, when it actually reaches the premature end of file), but LOR is the one deciding to skip that sequence in the future, due to the problem.

It will skip it throughout the remainder of that run of the show. Next time the show starts (assuming you haven't fixed the underlying cause by that time), the same thing will happen: It will play partially through, once, and get skipped thereafter.