Light-O-Rama Forums

FM Transmitter and the FCC

navykidd02

Steven,

Partly you are correct about the power issue that I brought up in my last post. And yet not fully. Lets look at it this way, The out put power along with the coax and antenna all added up effect the ERP (Effective Raditating Power). So, I could have a 100 Watt amp on the back end of my MBB E4000 transmitter and still be legal. How is that you say? Simple If I have 1000' of coax that dropped my signal power down to say 1mW at the antenna. And I have a cheap antenna with 0 gain. It is now possible that my ERP would be legal. So, my statement to Navykiddo2 if taken in the right light is true. But hey sometimes I forget whom I am talking to. Radio men like amatuer operators would have reconized what I was talking about. We take into account the WHOLE system, not just what is coming out of the back of the transmitter. Sorry for the confusion Steven.

Merry Christmas all may your displays work tonight without a hitch.

BTW Steven, my Advance Amateur radio Lic has more than likely lapest by now. But I had the call sign KF0OX.. And yes I do make mistakes sometimes in some of my statements. But I think I have this one under control.

To all, do you best to follow the rules. And if someone complains that you are blocking their ability to listen to their favorite station. Move to another freq and redo your sign. Yes a pain in the wrist, but if you dont and become a pain in anothers ear. Then are you really promoting good will and peace on earth?