Light-O-Rama Forums

Play Just Audio of a Scheduled Show??

jimswinder

Hey...

I think the answer is no...

But was just wondering if it is possible to play a show schedule without being hooked up to the controllers?

I want to get the timings down in the show between LOR and Zara Radio, and since the LOR controllers are not at my house, it would be nice to be able to do it here at my house and just listen to the shows on my computer.

Make sense?

I currently run a "Pre Show" for a couple of hours prior to it getting dark outside. All I did was create music sequences with no light commands in them at all, just audio. That way I have my own short range FM radio station where we can announce showtimes, features, etc. Is that what you are looking to do?

EDIT:

I think the answer is no as well because I just tried it from my hotel room with no controllers and BAM! I got an error message regarding the serial port because LOR Control cannot find any controllers I assume.

You can run the program with the adapter pluged into the USB port (if that's the one you have) and just disconnect the Cat 5 cable and your show should run. I do it all the time to test sequences without have the lights come on.

Tom

tmadak wrote:

You can run the program with the adapter pluged into the USB port (if that's the one you have) and just disconnect the Cat 5 cable and your show should run. I do it all the time to test sequences without have the lights come on.

Tom

Thanks Tom!!!! I'll have to give that a try.

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to remember a post a while back from someone who had written a program to just play music at certain times as a pre-show. I tried to search for that post but didnt find it, I am interested in such a pre-show, maybe all day for that matter. Is the author out there?

Rick

jimswinder wrote:

you could use Zara Radio to play music...

Thanks, I had seen ZARA Radio mentioned before but it looked complicated but after about 90 minutes I have it running with time and temperature announcements and the tones to start and stop it. Pretty cool, now i need to add promos:)