Light-O-Rama Forums

Song repeats It's self

chris mashburn

My shows are set up to play every 15 min. I have 2 songs that last about 7 min. and the remaining 8 min. fading in and out.The problem is that sometimes my first song plays twice and then my second song plays.I have it in my schedule editor to just play each song just once.What would cause my first song to play twice .It only happens about three or four times a night but thats 3 or 4 times to many.

What version of LOR?
MP3 Director or Computer?

If Computer:

• What does the Control Panel log say when this happens?
  • Where in the show are you putting your animation sequence?

Don

I'm using lor 2.6.0,I'm running my shows off of my computer,I did'nt check my control panel and the animation comes at the end. It only happens about 3 times a night.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Chris :P

LOR will not interrupt a musical sequence once it has started. So maybe your problem is that all the sequences managed to complete within the time scheduled for the show and the show wrapped back around to the first musical sequence. The show player would allow the first song to complete. Then maybe the show is stopped and restarted at the beginning, causing the unintended second run of the song.

Trying to get LOR to run a show on a fixed schedule can be a little tricky. If that is what you are doing, you might be better off to just schedule it for the full length of time and live with the slight time offset that occurs. If that's not what you are doing, then never mind.

I've also seen some strange situations with sequences that were converted from LOR1 to 2. I think it did result in some odd loop-around type response. I believe the solution was to shorten the total time of the sequence by a small amount.