Light-O-Rama Forums

small problem with show...I need your help.

Victory402

I found a problem tonight in our show. The way i have this show set up is such: Drive up in car, tune to 87.9, push button (input trigger) and show runs through one time. Well the problem is when the next group comes by and someone pushes the start trigger button the show doesn't run again. Hmmmm? I put my songs in the "startup" section of the show editor. If i run to the computer after the show and hit disable, then enable, the trigger will work again for the next group of cars (next show). Understand I only want the show to run when cars are present, not a continious loop. I live in the country and I don't think I will have the traffic to run it continiuosly, thus a waste of electric.

Are my songs loaded under the wrong tab in the show editor?

Thanks,

Vic

Yes they are.

I believe you need to put your shown in the "Interactive" tab of the show editor since that is what you are doing is creating an interactive show by having an input (The Button) trigger your sequence(s). Give it a go and see.

Yes it should only be in the interactive tab, and notthing should be in startup.

also in options "show starts immediately" should be selected

and you should use the Juke box option, so if they press the button more than once it will ignore it. otherwise they will keep restarting the show.

I used triggers all through halloween. Everyone loved it, but it drove us crazy lol!

Chris

I tried the jukebox mode and it started ok, played the shows first sequence, then the show stopped.

It's ok if I can't make the whole show (nine sequences) interactive, I just wish someone would say: "sorry, it can't be done".

Ok,

How can I run 9 songs using an input trigger. Seems that only one song will run when using any of the options (jukebox, sounboard, majic toy).

Someone mentioned that ver. 2.6.0 has an option to play multiple sequences under the interactive tab. I have not upgraded yet.

Sorry about the confusion with the question...The software end of the hobby has been a challenge for me, but it's getting better.

Vic

The Jukebox and Soundboard options only play a single sequence per press of the trigger, so those won't work; the Magic Toy can play multiple sequences, but only simultaneously, and only animation sequences, so that won't work either. And as you've seen, things in the Startup section only play once during the entire show, so a startup trigger won't work either.

I can think of two possible workarounds, but they're both kind of messy:

First, you could conceivably slap your nine sequences together into a single sequence, and put that single sequence into a Jukebox group. You would have to use an audio editor (such as Audacity) to make one big song file out of your nine separate song files, and then build a musical sequence based on that song file, copying and pasting effects and timings from your smaller sequences into it.

Second, if you're handier than I am with electrical stuff, I imagine that you might be able to build a trigger that, once pressed, keeps the circuit closed for a specified length of time. So, if your nine sequences take half an hour, and the first eight take 27 minutes, then make the trigger keep the circuit closed for 28 minutes. Then put your nine sequences into a Jukebox group.

• 11 months later...

bob wrote:

Second, if you're handier than I am with electrical stuff, I imagine that you might be able to build a trigger that, once pressed, keeps the circuit closed for a specified length of time. So, if your nine sequences take half an hour, and the first eight take 27 minutes, then make the trigger keep the circuit closed for 28 minutes. Then put your nine sequences into a Jukebox group.

So Bob...

If my button can be either a Normally Open or Normally Closed, and I wire it for Normally Closed, will that keep the circuit closed so it will run all the sequences in my show?

Edit:

Hey Bob...Think I found my answer in another post:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=20580&forum_id=76&highlight=interactive

where you said:

In the Show Editor, click on the "Options" button. That will bring up a dialog that will let you set what happens when the show's scheduled start time is reached. You can set it to any of the following:

(1) The show will start normally;

(2) The show will not start until a specific trigger fires;

(3) The Background section of the show will start, but the rest of the show won't start until a specific trigger fires.