Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows Command and 2.6.0

Duke

I used to be able to issue the following command to my "BetaBrite - Prism" scrolling LED marquis from within the sequence and it would send the info via usb to the marquis:

prismcom usb Now Playing "Song Title" - by - blah blah on WXMAS 90.3 FM

When the show is running it doesn't work.

If I disable and stop the show and open and play a sequence with the command it will send it and update the marquis otherwise it will not when a show is active.

What happened? It worked flawlessly last year.

I have the same thing happening. I created a batch file to send a text message to my cell phone, using blat. When I run the sequence manually, the command window opens, and I get the message on my phone. When the sequence is launched during the scheduled show, I don't get the message....

ranger_391xt wrote:

I have the same thing happening. I created a batch file to send a text message to my cell phone, using blat. When I run the sequence manually, the command window opens, and I get the message on my phone. When the sequence is launched during the scheduled show, I don't get the message....

You guys are making me nervous! I am using a betabrite sign for the first time this year. Just got the weatherproof enclosure done today! The sign I have is serial and it works great when "playing" a sequence.....I guess I better try it in a scheduled show. I will advise if the serial version works.

KEN

As I understand the serial version is a bit different in that you need to specify the com port that your sign is plugged into. On the Beta Brite Prism we only need to issue the "usb" as a port ID. I would surely check it out soon.

There's a very detailed post regarding the use of the Windows Command feature:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=19193&forum_id=72&highlight=windows+command

Here's an example of a command I used form last year and no batch file was required:

prismcom usb Now Playing: Deck The Halls - by - Mannheim Steamroller on WXMAS 90.3 FM

Where's Bob! Is he listening? What's going on?

Confirming.....

Windows command in LOR V2.6 with a serial Beta Brite works in both Sequence editer and Show mode.

My show is up and working!

now just to tweek a couple songs!

KEN

sorry, not using USB for anything.....yet. Right now, all I have is a startup sequence that executes a batch file (.cmd), which uses BLAT to send me a text message that the show is starting and the lights are on.

I did build an LEDTriks board, and my hope is to eventually have the sequences update it with "Now Playing....", but that is a ways off. From what I gather it works quite differently from the Beta Brite signs.

Chris

I don't have a BetaBrite....

It's a LEDTriks, which is a homebrew board. It uses serial communications, and with an optional board, a standalone program to transmit sequence files to it. So it seems to operate quite differently from how your BetaBrite operates.

Sorry I can't be more help there.

I just want to make sure: When you try it in the Sequence Editor, and in the Show Player, you're doing those two things from the same computer?

Also, you're totally sure that the scheduled sequence in the show is the same one that you're running from the Sequence Editor?

I would try to narrow it down by making a sequence with a windows command that does something simple and obvious - for example, "notepad" will open up a window of Microsoft's Notepad text editor - and seeing if that works in both. Make sure not to open the window "hidden" or anything like that.

I found that when I ran the sequence editor, my current working directory was different depending on whether I started it by double-clicking on the LMS file, or if I started it from the "Start" menu. When the show ran, the current working directory was different. Because if this, it didn't find my BAT file.

My solution was to modify the PATH (Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables -> New (User variables) -> name: "PATH"; value: ).

Then I restarted my system and the show found my BAT file with no trouble.