Light-O-Rama Forums

No Power to one of two LOR Controllers

David Grygierczyk

I received a 32 channel starter package about 10 days ago and had it working in the house using 32 sets of minilights. A few days later I had one song downloaded with both of the controllers (01 and 02) working on my outside lights. Because I was not wanting to leave the controllers outside and unsecured I disconnected power and the comm cables and brought them in the house. I did this oo more than one occasion to see how things were working Now that the boxes are mounted and secured outside I can only get power to controller 02 and the hardware test operats those lights. I have both controllers on 20amp breakers and have checked with my multimeter to verify that power and have 121.5 and 121.8 volts at controller 01. I pulled the fuses and ohms tested them and both of them are good

Anyone have any idea what is wrong?

They are the showtime with metal cases and the push in and twist fuses. I had pulled the fuses and ohms tested them with positive results. I will go pull the cover and check the fuses/power like you suggested.
Thanks

Well I found the problem. :P The Tamura Microtran (Coil ?) was hanging by a single wire when I opened the cover and fell in my hand when I touched it. So now I am going to have to send the controller back for repairs. If I over night it do you have any idea how long it will take to fix and send back?

Bad thing about it is I leave Sunday for a 3 week construction job 1000 miles away.

At this time of year the LOR team seem to work miracles on a regular basis. I'd suggest an email to them right now and try to reach the office by phone tomorrow.

Thanks for the information I will do that now. Boy I have a lot of learning to do and even though this happened my spirits are high and can't wait to expand next year.