Light-O-Rama Forums

How much memory for LOR S2?

Douggg

I've been using LOR for a couple of years now on a 512K machine and it's been working fine. I could bump the machine up to 1 or 2 gigs, but I'm wondering if it would make a difference? (I know Windows XP will LOR?)

How much memory does LOR use?
Will LOR use more if the computer has more memory?
Would the extra memore make LOR run any faster? (When building sequences?)

Thanks,
Doug

I'll be waiting to see what others say also. I, too, have been running LOR on a 512 machine - a 2.8 GHz Celeron processor. A couple months ago I upgraded to 1G (all it will allow) hoping specifically for an improvement in the way LOR handles. In my case there's been no discernible change.

I've found the speed of the drive can make a huge difference in XP performance. I purcahsed a 74GB - 10,000 RPM on eBay for $40 and found I could install XP in 20 minutes with the 10K drive where it would take 45 minutes on a 5,400 RPM drive.

Boot-up time is noticable faster.

After I made the post I looked on LOR's web site and could not find anything on memory requirements.

The other night my Sequence Editor was using a gig of memory, but I think I had several sequences open. For a show, I don't think it takes much. I'm assuming you mean 512mb, Windows won't run on 512k :)