Light-O-Rama Forums

Please Wait While Windows Configures...

TerryT

When Light-O-Rama starts, I get a window that states "Please wait while Windows Configures LightORama". The progress bar scrolls and it says "Time Remaining 0 seconds". This window pops up 10 to 20 times (sometimes more) and then the software will run. This can't be normal. Anyone else experience this problem? It also happens whenever I open a new song in Sequencer.

I am running Vista and did have to use the registry cleaner when I installed this new version. Thanks for any help.

Terry

Try the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility; details and instructions can be found here:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum90/19876.html

When you reinstall (the last step that is listed on that page), do not install any earlier versions of LOR first. Just install the latest version directly.

It shouldn't hurt to install earlier versions first, but there's no reason to do it, and since you're having some strange problem, let's keep things as simple as possible, by just installing the latest version and only the latest version.

I ran in to this when I got a new laptop a couple of weeks ago. I tried numerous uninstall/reinstalls and used the Install cleanup tool to no avail. Finally I uninstalled and did a system restore to the point of initial boot-up. Worked like a charm! Granted, the lappy was only like an hour old, and I didn't have anything to lose with a system restore. Been working like clockwork ever since!! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Ran the utility. Also manually deleted all files after the utility run. Reinstalled. Still have the same issue with the "Please wait while Windows Configures..." message box that keeps running through the progress bar over and over again. Any other suggestions on how to manually delete something so I can get this fixed?

If I rapidly click the cancel button on the message box 20 or 30 times, the program eventually brings up the sequence editor and everything appears to work ok. Not sure what is going on. Appears it is stuck in some type of loop. I am running Vista. Thanks.

Terry

I just tried running the LOR wipe utility (choosing to also wipe the license key) as well as the Microsoft cleanup utility. Then I uninstalled the LOR software. Then I manually deleted the LOR program folder and anything left in the folder. I then re-booted.

Using Regedit, I looked at the registery and there were still numerous LOR entries. I manually deleted all these entries. Then I downloaded the latest version 2.6.2 and reinstalled and reentered the license key. I stll get the re-occurring message box that I have to rapidly click Cancel 20 or so times to get it to exit and go to Control Panel. Same thing happens when I try and run the sequencer.

I am running latest copy of Windows Vista. Any ideas? Thanks.

Terry

A little more information. Finally installed all my lights. Enabled the show by hitting Cancel on the message box multiple times. The show does play, but at the start of each song the message box comes up and unless someone is standing at the computer hitting Cancel 20 or so times, the next song won't play. Obviously that doesn't work for us. Any help would be appreciated. This is the same laptop that I used last year with no issues. The issues started when I upgraded to 2.6.0. Thanks.

Terry

Unbelievably, I think I am now working. The steps I followed in case anyone else runs into this problem on Vista:

1. Used Microsoft uninstall tool per advice in this forum.

2. Used LOR registry wipe tool. Did not erase license information.

3. Used the standard uninstall program in the control panel to uninstall LOR.

Once I did these 3 steps, I checked the program directory and there were still LOR files in a Light O Rama folder. Ran the Post program by double clicking on it and set the correct path. Then I ran the hardware utility to set the right Comm port.

When I started the show, the songs are running fine without the re-occuring message box. Unless I respond back to this thread, the program will have shut down and started again correctly.

Why the software remained after the above steps and why it worked? No idea.

Terry

It seems like each person who has had this problem has come up with a different fix. When I had this issue, I searched this forum as well as Planet Christmas, and none of the solutions I found helped me. I kinda figured it out on my own, and looks like you have done the same. Glad you got yours fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Nancy Moore wrote:

Where can I get the LOR registry wipe tool?

2.6.2 didn't install correctly and I need to start over. Reinstalling doesn't work.

Thanks!

The regwipe tool for 2.6.2 can b found at: http://lightorama.com/downloads/2.6.2/LORRegistryWipe.exe

However that may not be the issue. If the install appears to be corrupt then first un-install all LOR using the Add/Remove program in the Windows Control Panel. If there are any errors with the uninstall then you can double check with the Windows Install Cleanup Utility:

It can be found (along with directions) here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 . Basically, you would do the following:

(1) Close all of your running programs.

(2) Download the installer for the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility from that web page.

(3) Run that installer.

(4) After it installs, run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility itself.

(5) It will present you with a list of installed programs. Select any and all "Light-O-Rama" programs, and tell it to clean them up.

(6) Close the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.

(7) Reinstall Light-O-Rama.

I removed LOR 2.6.2 from the control panel and then ran the install clean up and then ran the wipe utility. I then reinstalled LOR 2.6.2 and I am still getting the Please wait while Windows configures Light-O-Rama message over and over again. I have 64bit Windows Vista on my system.

I then removed everything again and installed LOR 2.3.6 and it also has the same Please wait message.

I uninstalled that and wiped the registry again (including the license this time) and then reinstalled LOR 2.6.2 again. I am still getting the same message. :( Is there anything else I can do to get rid of the constant Please wait messages?

At this point I am beginning to suspect that something that LOR uses is not completely installed and that is where the error is coming from....

Can you run Windows Media Player directly with no issue?

Are there any audio or video tools installed on this machine?

Dan

I was able run run Windows Media Player without a problem. The previous version of LOR use to run fine also. The problem didn't start until I updated to LOR 2.6.2

I uninstalled LOR, updated my system to Windows 7, reinstalled LOR 2.6.2. Now it works just fine. :D