Light-O-Rama Forums

Am I in trouble? show wont run!!

eldoradoboy

ny_yankee, got two words for all that, uhm, make it three, I AGREE 100%!

Although I do have to admit, I haven't had the sound quality issues you have. I get very clean and excellent sound. But you're absolutely correct, there customer support base is terrible and they are about as smart as a brick! Heck, I think a brick could outsmart them!:D

getting a little off topic BUT I want to add my 2 or 3 cents....
I have used MJ
I am in Canada and they only have US numbers (so I had a Las Vegas number for a while).
It cost $40 for a whole year.
dammd cheap for a full year if you ask me.
I had slow wireless internet so quality wasn't the greatest.
I renewed for 5 years (I think it was $69).
You can have your voice mail sent to your email (no need for the red light).

Still off topic.

I'm happy with the MajicJack. I plugged it into a USB port on the home automation server, and have not experienced any of the problems experienced above.

Of course, this computer is not used for general purpose computing and doesn't even have a screen hooked to it.

If someone leaves a voice mail, I get an email with a wave file of their msg, so I haven't had a need to interact with the MajicJack software

Voice quality has always been reported to be great from the calls I have made on it - using a cordless phone.

I haven't looked to see how it uses the computer resources, but I can understand how someone might have resource problems when using it with the "family general purpose" computer.

Just my opinion based on my experience. I would recommend it to others only if they have a computer box with low usage to connect it to. I would not recommend it to anyone trying to run it on the "family computer".

JBullard wrote:

Still off topic.

I'm happy with the MajicJack. I plugged it into a USB port on the home automation server, and have not experienced any of the problems experienced above.

Of course, this computer is not used for general purpose computing and doesn't even have a screen hooked to it.

If someone leaves a voice mail, I get an email with a wave file of their msg, so I haven't had a need to interact with the MajicJack software

Voice quality has always been reported to be great from the calls I have made on it - using a cordless phone.

I haven't looked to see how it uses the computer resources, but I can understand how someone might have resource problems when using it with the "family general purpose" computer.

Just my opinion based on my experience. I would recommend it to others only if they have a computer box with low usage to connect it to. I would not recommend it to anyone trying to run it on the "family computer".

Still off topic.

I did not mention, mine was hook to a older machine that was on a KVM switch with my main frame computer. And the older machine was only used for the MJ. IF I knew quilty was not an issues anymore, I'd switch back. I really liked the vm messaging option. Plus the fact it was so cheap was great too. anyways we should probley get back on topic before dan gets upset.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

anyways we should probley get back on topic before dan gets upset.

Back on topic?

This thread concluded on Nov 23, until you resurrected it on Jan 20 on an off topic subject! Seems like a "fair game" thread now

PaulXmas wrote:

I have used MJ
I am in Canada and they only have US numbers (so I had a Las Vegas number for a while).

Actually yes there is a NEED for the red light to indicate a VM is WAITING so you know to go and check your VM for it! I have a special on-line VM set up for VM only, nothing else goes there (or shouldn't) and it'd be nice to glance at the screen KNOWING the little red light would blink indicating I have VM's waiting in that e-mail.

As for e-mail, that's a bit of pain too, especially since you can't change it directly yourself, LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO DO! Every time the service got changed here, I had to go and re-do my VM e-mail, so I opted to just get an on-line e-mail specifically for the MJ. But since it's not my regular e-mail I don't always check it like my others. And I have several e-mail accounts and, that is why the MJ Dialer SHOULD have some type of indicator that a VM was left. I used to check the VM e-mail constantly, but not everyone leaves a VM, so I got tired of going to that e-mail to find nothing in VM. If the red light on the MJ dialer INDICATED an actual VM was left, then I'd know to go to the e-mail set up for my VM and check it. It IS a matter of convience and it should be part of the MJ Dialer, if it can show Caller ID on the dialer and a bunch of freakin' ads that mean nothing to those already using it, I can see no reason why this one little blinky light could not be added for convience sake. I mean, even the regular phone compnay indicates you have waiting VM's with BOTH a blinking liight/LED and tones when you pick up the phone. MJ has NEITHER of these features and IT SHOULD!

So yes, there is a reason that those features, tones to alert you when you pick up the phone and a blinking indicator on the MJ dialer ARE needed!

It CAN'T be that difficult to add!

Orville wrote:

PaulXmas wrote:
I have used MJ

Actually yes there is a NEED for the red light to indicate a VM is WAITING so you know to go and check your VM for it! I have a special on-line VM set up for VM only, nothing else goes there (or shouldn't) and it'd be nice to glance at the screen KNOWING the little red light would blink indicating I have VM's waiting in that e-mail.

As for e-mail, that's a bit of pain too, especially since you can't change it directly yourself, LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO DO! Every time the service got changed here, I had to go and re-do my VM e-mail, so I opted to just get an on-line e-mail specifically for the MJ. But since it's not my regular e-mail I don't always check it like my others. And I have several e-mail accounts and, that is why the MJ Dialer SHOULD have some type of indicator that a VM was left. I used to check the VM e-mail constantly, but not everyone leaves a VM, so I got tired of going to that e-mail to find nothing in VM. If the red light on the MJ dialer INDICATED an actual VM was left, then I'd know to go to the e-mail set up for my VM and check it. It IS a matter of convience and it should be part of the MJ Dialer, if it can show Caller ID on the dialer and a bunch of freakin' ads that mean nothing to those already using it, I can see no reason why this one little blinky light could not be added for convience sake. I mean, even the regular phone compnay indicates you have waiting VM's with BOTH a blinking liight/LED and tones when you pick up the phone. MJ has NEITHER of these features and IT SHOULD!

So yes, there is a reason that those features, tones to alert you when you pick up the phone and a blinking indicator on the MJ dialer ARE needed!

It CAN'T be that difficult to add!

Maybe take it up with MJ.
I doubt anyone here can help any more.

I tried MJ for a while... hacked it to be able to run on my Asterisk server.. but the vocal quality still was not good so I switched to Vitelity and never look back... I even got T.38 working so I can fax from my asterisk server....
-Christopher

PaulXmas wrote:

Maybe take it up with MJ.
I doubt anyone here can help any more.

I have on NUMEROUS occasion and still do take it up with MJ. They keep saying it's a good idea and viable and it would be a great feature to have, but I have yet to see anything come of it. And I've been bugging them for it ever since I got the thing!

I'm sure we're all aware no one here can help, we're just stating our opinions of it, since it was brought up in the thread as being part of some of our computer systems.