Light-O-Rama Forums

startup sequence unsupported

jimswinder

WTF???

I run Verifier and get this warning.

My sequences are where LOR put them...so why would I have to move them???

And where do they go then if not the sequence folder?

And then it suggests I may not have a licensed version?? (which I do)

Can you tell I am flipping out a bit (only 3 days till SHOWTIME) LOL

I would recommend that you first make a backup of your work. Sequences and audio.

Then go to the program folder that contains the LOR stuff and run the LORPost program. See if this may clear up the problem with files not being found where they should be.

You are totally correct that you should not have to relocate any of your files.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

Then go to the program folder that contains the LOR stuff and run the LORPost program. See if this may clear up the problem with files not being found where they should be.

I did that first thing...unless it does something automatically in the background, it did nothing that I know of.

WHEW!!!! Got it to work...

In the Network Preferences I had a port (Comm 1) for the Auxiliary Network A checked.

So good to go!!!

I can work on more sequences!!

Looks like this has been resolved, but just for future reference:

The issue is not that you don't have a license. It's that your license level doesn't support this particular feature.

In this particular case, "Startup sequences unsupported", the issue is that your show has a sequence listed in its "Startup" section, but the license that you're using does not support sequences in that section.

Note that that doesn't mean "you're not using a license" - it means you're not using a license with a high enough feature level to support this feature. In this particular case (Startup sequences), it is supported by the "Standard" or "Advanced" license level. Lower license levels ("Basic" and "Basic Plus") do not support this feature.

You can see a list of what features are supported by what license level in the help file's "feature comparison" page, the latest version of which you can see online here:

http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?feature_comparison.htm

Also, regarding your question "My sequences are where LOR put them...so why would I have to move them???":

I assume that question is based upon the following line from the help file's entry for this particular Verifier message:

If you already have a license, and have registered Light-O-Rama on this computer, then to get these sequences to play, you would have to either move them to a different section of the show, or else upgrade to a higher license level which supports this feature.
That's not saying that you would have to move the sequence files to a different directory in Windows. It's saying that you would have to change your Show, using the Show Editor, so that the sequences are in some supported section (such as the Animation section or Musical section) rather than in the unsupported Startup section.