Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule Editor

blainedead

I plan to use a background sequence to power a static item that I want to stay on throughout the entire show. I have made a 1 minute animation sequence and turned said channel to "on" for the entire sequence. This channel has been removed from all musical sequences to avoid interference.
From what I can gather through searches of the site, I need to uncheck the "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence."
Here is my question: Do I need to uncheck this box in ALL tabs of the show editor, or just in "musical sequences"? What about "startup" and "shutdown"? I don't use anything in the "animation" or "interactive" tabs, so I would assume I can leave them alone.
BTW, I am using LOR 2.6.0

Sorry dead guy - I can't help you either. I don't use animation sequences and I like everything dark between songs so I haven't wandered down your road. But I'm sure someone has the answer you seek as soon as they get in from putting their lights out...

The checkboxes in each section of the show are completely independent of each other, so whether you check or uncheck any particular one depends on what you want to accomplish. Here's the way it works:

When a sequence ends, if that box is checked in the section of the show which that sequence of the show is in, then "off" commands will be sent to every channel that is defined in that particular sequence.

Whether the box is checked or not in some other section doesn't matter (until some sequence in that section ends).

lol...dead guy.

Thanks, Bob. I'm going to experiment a bit, but if I understand correctly, then the only box I will have to uncheck is in the background tab. That channel isn't defined in any of my musical sequences.