Light-O-Rama Forums

Error in Formhook_aftermessage??

Mark Matteson

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with this error? Sorry if this has already been posted, but I checked and searched without a result so here goes:

All the s/w utilities and my shows run fine with the new version 2.6.0 until about halfway through the fifth show when DING! All the lights shutoff, but the music keeps playing and the PC shows me "Error in Formhook_aftermessage: (-2147024882) Out of memory"
The new software is the only change; same sequences, same music files, PC, lights etc.

THX!

Guest wbottomley

Mark Matteson wrote:

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with this error? Sorry if this has already been posted, but I checked and searched without a result so here goes:

All the s/w utilities and my shows run fine with the new version 2.6.0 until about halfway through the fifth show when DING! All the lights shutoff, but the music keeps playing and the PC shows me "Error in Formhook_aftermessage: (-2147024882) Out of memory"
The new software is the only change; same sequences, same music files, PC, lights etc.

THX!

Wait until Bob chimes in on Monday.

I had the same problem yesterday. I re-booted the computer and it seems to be working -- for now...

I am using windows 98 se and LOR version 2.6.0.

Jerry

Thanks for the replies guys! I fixed the problem and things are running fine.

I checked my PC setup and saw the new s/w update had overridden my previous sequence and audio source directories and was pulling my older files from the default My Documents directories. I moved the correct files into their place and they ran OK. I'm not exactly sure what that Fatal Error meant.

I then spent about two hours running the new Verifier utility and fixing all kinds of warnings + one fatal error (Show Editor couldn't find a lms file). Wish i had that utility about 3 years ago. What a time saver!!

Thanks again!

Mark Matteson wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys! I fixed the problem and things are running fine.

I checked my PC setup and saw the new s/w update had overridden my previous sequence and audio source directories and was pulling my older files from the default My Documents directories. I moved the correct files into their place and they ran OK. I'm not exactly sure what that Fatal Error meant.

I then spent about two hours running the new Verifier utility and fixing all kinds of warnings + one fatal error (Show Editor couldn't find a lms file). Wish i had that utility about 3 years ago. What a time saver!!

Thanks again!

I had the same "form hook......." error last evening. Did your fix cure the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

bob,
I loaded the 2.6.2 update and now nothing LOR works. I get this first error when i try to start the sequencer and the second the control panel.

sorry need to add: this is my dev. PC.
OS is XP SP3.

Attached files 193188=10819-LOR Problem.bmp