Light-O-Rama Forums

c9 christmas light plugs?

RobDaddy

I have empty C9 strings that I screw in strobes about every fourth socket. Does anyone know of some kind of plug that you can stick into the empty sockets? The problem I have is that I used electrical tape to tape up the empty sockets but after a while the tape starts to peel away and I dont want water to get into them.

I can imagine there might be a better solution, but -- if the cords are dedicated to the strobes, in a certain design -- you could simply fill the empties with hot glue.

Not very elegant, I must say! :D

Cray

RD,

You could also try a good clear silicon instead of the hot glue. It would stay more pliable in cold weather too than the glue.

This get's brought up often. My question is why? I have had strobes in C9 strings for years with nothing in the empty sockets. In fact, I have C9's strung the same way. This has never really been an issue.

That is what I was wondering. I didnt want to short out something. Last year I didnt worry about it because I taped them up pretty good, but this year the tape is peeling back. If I dont have to worry about it then GREAT!!!:cool:

iresq wrote:

This get's brought up often. My question is why? I have had strobes in C9 strings for years with nothing in the empty sockets. In fact, I have C9's strung the same way. This has never really been an issue.

I guess it would depend on where they are strung. If they were low enough, it could deter some of the younger vandals -- you know ... finger in the socket and all that. :D

Cray