Light-O-Rama Forums

Help newbie might have blown a fuse

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

Has anyone had a fuse blow the show was running really well and after the third animation the lights came on and off about two or three times then when the fourth musical sequence started I noticed some lights were out any ideas would be great thanks

Sounds like you lost one side of the controller, check the power outlet first and confirm there is power getting to the controller. If so then check the controller to see if you blew a fuse or not.

-Pat

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to take money away from LOR, Because they are great people to work with, but I bought these and found they were better in price.

And today everyone needs to save. If you like bulk, check out this box of 100 for only $14.99 w/free shipping. Fuses 15A Fast Acting Ceramic

Attached files 191526=10744-8f9a_2.jpg

Frank A. wrote:

Hey Don

any electrical supply house has them for about $.25 each

Frank A.:)

That my be true, But if you were to buy 100 at .25 cents each, that would cost you $25, plus whatever the tax rate is in your area.

The ones I posted from ebay were $14.99, with free shipping, and no tax, for a box of 100. So that would cost only .15 cents each! It may be only a .10 cent difference, but that way the economy is now, EVERY little bit helps.

shfr26 wrote:

Only place I could get them here fast was at a hardware store. $4.79 each

Get them on eBay for next year, I guess.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

The ones I posted from ebay were $14.99, with free shipping, and no tax, for a box of 100.

If you need a box of 100, you're doing something wrong! :shock:

I don't want to jinx myself, but I haven't lost a fuse on a controller in 7 seasons. A box of 100 might be a wee bit overkill (although the price is right...)

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Frank A. wrote:
Hey Don

Frank A.:)

That my be true, But if you were to buy 100 at .25 cents each, that would cost you $25, plus whatever the tax rate is in your area.

The ones I posted from ebay were $14.99, with free shipping, and no tax, for a box of 100. So that would cost only .15 cents each! It may be only a .10 cent difference, but that way the economy is now, EVERY little bit helps.

Are you going to go through 100 fuses?
I only have 2 controllers but no spare fuses (spare card so I guess I could use one from there).
Do the fuses blow that often?

PaulXmas wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Frank A. wrote:
Hey Don

Frank A.:P

Are you going to go through 100 fuses?
I only have 2 controllers but no spare fuses (spare card so I guess I could use one from there).
Do the fuses blow that often?

The controlers really dont go through alot of fuses. I like to be prepard, uncase I blow one, (which I did twice till I relized my problem). But why would ANYONE pay $4.99 for 12 fuses plus $4 or $5 for shipping, that's almost $10. Were for $5 more I can get 88 more. I would probley NEVER use 100. But it would be nice to have. Plus if I did buy 12 and a year or two from now I "do" need to buy more, I would be pissed to think I would have saved money if I had only bought the 100.

As for blowing, I did not realize how many amps I was pulling through one side at once. I was trying to pull 60amps. Now I have it so 15 comes from one side and 15 from the other. I did not relize how many amps a 25 count C9 light string can pull!

[align=center]"I'm a newbie"
[align=left]
But I plan on fixing this for next year!
[/align][/align]

Guest Don Gillespie

Ok I think I have everything figured out I went to the electrical store and purchased hang on to your hats a Kill-o-watt meter I want to make sure I am using it properly because if I am then I have room for a whole mess load of lights what I bought was a an Ideal 600 kill-o-watt meter if I am checking amps properly I turn on all the lights then I clamp the meter around the cord and press the button it gives me the amps being pulled for that bank I checked all 32 banks but I am not sure if I am checking this the right way any one who knows how this is done I will be waiting patiently :D