Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Licenses

mrduncan

I run LOR on two computers (one computer for sequence development and one for running the shows). I'm planning on installing Windows 7 from scratch on both computers (i.e. total new install). Am I going to have any licensing problems (i.e. exceed the number of software installs)?

You should not have any issues. Your license covers 5 seats, and I believe I have read that there is supposed to be a good chance that your machines will be recognized as the same machines even through the OS upgrade.

What -klb- said is right, but just to add a little:

If you ever do run out of license seats due to issues like this, get in touch with LOR Customer Support, and they'll straighten things out.

I need to call in today. In my frantic frenzied attempt to get this years display running I've installed LOR on every PC I own (4 laptops and a desktop) not including the wifes. I did an uninstall from one of my older laptops and reinstalled using 2.6.0 and it's telling me I'm out of seats. Does that mean I have to stand? JK

What's a bit frustrating is that LOR keeps count of how many machines you've installed it on but doesn't know when you've UN installed it to free up a seat. How rude! LOL!

Ringalingading...... Good morning support?