Light-O-Rama Forums

Won't play sequence

shfr26

Just transfer ed some missing media files from my home computer to my show computer. Both are version 2.6.0. I have one sequence that will not play. I hit play and the first grid is outlined and it does nothing after that. Play full is on, tried with and without animation, it just won't play. All others that I transferred work. Tried transferring it three times and even renamed it, no go. Works fine on home computer. Any thoughts?

I'd also strongly recommend running the LORVerifier program (if you haven't done so already.)

It might catch something simple that you missed (and we've all done it!)

Couple things to try.

Right click on the media file in explorer and on Properties. Make sure "Read only" is not checked

Try running the file thru Audacity and resave it. That seems to cure a lot of problems people have. Also try resaving it as a .wav and see if that helps.

Make sure in the sequence editor you go under EDIT, media file, and repoint it to the correct file after doing any of the above.

Try changing to a different song and see if it will play. It won't match up but atleast then you can see if it's the sequence or the media file. Then play the media file that you originally used and see if it plays. If both do, then change the media file in the sequence to the original and play it.
I have played a sequence before and used the wrong media file even though I swore it was right. It wasn't the .wav or .mp3 file.