Light-O-Rama Forums

Controlling lights using sequencer Play button

tekcor1

I just set up a LOR controller. When I use the hardware utility I can control and test the lights and it works as it's supposed to. However, in the sequence editor, when I play my sequence and check the "Control Lights" tab the lights aren't turning on. What am I doing wrong? Is there some way I'm supposed to connect the sequence to the controller?

Welcome Tekcor1.

An additional thought, it the hardware utility still open? That will cause the sequence editor to not control your lights.

iresq wrote:

Welcome Tekcor1.

An additional thought, it the hardware utility still open? That will cause the sequence editor to not control your lights.

Good thinking did not even think of that. Good job on getting your fire truck lights to work. Looks Good

Dan Lott wrote:

Good thinking did not even think of that. Good job on getting your fire truck lights to work. Looks Good

CaptainRon19 did it. I still can't get them to work on PC.

Thanks for the replies. I should have given a few more details on what I've already tried.

Hardware utility is closed. Each channel is assigned correctly I believe: Device type is Light o rama controller, Network regular, Unit is 1, Circuit is 1-16.

I'm missing something and it's driving me nuts! The joys of learning something new. :?

Any other suggestions?

ok lets start from the beggining. Fisrt question. When your controller is powered on and is pluged in using usb or serial, when you open your se what does the led status light do also there is a colord square in the bottom corner what color is it.

When I power on my controller box the LED is solid red, and stays on solid red when I open the sequence editor. I'm not seeing a colored square in the bottom corner of the box or the sequence editor.

Edit: sorry, there is a red box in the bottom right corner of my SE that says Comm Port Status: Error. I'm assuming this is the root of my problem. A step in the right direction!

Okay, I checked the Network preferences and it was set to comm 3 which was correct. I remembered reading that the LED light was supposed to blink when powered on, not be solid, so that didn't seem right. I unplugged everything and shut down SE. I then powere back on the controller, and it blinked like it was supposed to, so I loaded SE again. My square was blue this time instead of red, and it worked! Thanks for the help on getting this resolved. :D