Light-O-Rama Forums

What is the audio file?

Cajun Cheesehead

How can you tell which audio file is associated with the sequence?

I have a couple of sequences finished, but when I look in my audio directory, I have two versions of the same song. I don't remember which one was used when I started.

One thing you can possibly do is look at the length of the song. Other than that I am to new to help, but I'm sure one of the other more intelligent people will know.

If you open the sequence in the sequence editor, then select "edit" and "media file", the name of the audio file will be written in the box marked "File Name". From this screen, be sure to use the "cancel" button, or you may end up associating a different audio file with your sequence by mistake!

Regards,

Alan.

If you open the sequence in the sequence editor, then select "edit" and "media file", the name of the audio file will be written in the box marked "File Name". From this screen, be sure to use the "cancel" button, or you may end up associating a different audio file with your sequence by mistake!

This will work, but "View" / "Sequence Info" will show you the name of the media file without the possibility of accidentally changing it.

bob wrote:

This will work, but "View" / "Sequence Info" will show you the name of the media file without the possibility of accidentally changing it.

Which brings up an interesting bug (in 2.5.6 at least). My media file is in the "Audio" folder (the default), but "View" -> "Sequence Info" shows that it's in the "Sequences" folder. It lies. There are no audio files in the Sequences folder.

Attached files 186715=10574-LOR bug.PNG

Steven wrote:

Which brings up an interesting bug (in 2.5.6 at least). My media file is in the "Audio" folder (the default), but "View" -> "Sequence Info" shows that it's in the "Sequences" folder. It lies. There are no audio files in the Sequences folder.

Yes, so it does. It gives the wrong location with 2.6.0 as well.

Regards,

Alan.

Which brings up an interesting bug (in 2.5.6 at least). My media file is in the "Audio" folder (the default), but "View" -> "Sequence Info" shows that it's in the "Sequences" folder.

Thanks for pointing this out. It will be fixed in the next release.