Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Edititor Will not Start

djewell

Hey everyone, just trying to get everything fired up and make some changes and I tried to start the sequence editor and my computer just sits there and looks at me. All the other things are working (show editor etc) but I cant start the sequence editor for some reason.... I have even tried running LORSequenceEditor.exe from the folder but its no go.

Ideas????

Dave

Guest wbottomley

djewell wrote:

Hey everyone, just trying to get everything fired up and make some changes and I tried to start the sequence editor and my computer just sits there and looks at me. All the other things are working (show editor etc) but I cant start the sequence editor for some reason.... I have even tried running LORSequenceEditor.exe from the folder but its no go.

Ideas????

Dave

And... here we go again.

If you're using 2.1.6, it has expired.

Go to http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html and follow instructions to retrieve your license key and download the latest version.

If it's a later version, tell us what it is.

Previous threads: http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/20256.html

Guest wbottomley

djewell wrote:

Thanks for the help, I did try and search the forumns first but nothing came up. I'm a bit suprised that it just didnt work rather than give some message.

Dave

That one gets a lot of people.

The search feature in WOWBB isn't that great.

I searched for 2.1.6 and all I came up with was sql lang.

You know every season it seems like I have come here and search as to why the sequence editor won't work. This time the answer happened to be at the top of the pile but last year it took me quite a bit of searching to get everything going. It is bad enough I have to re-learn the software from not using it for 10 months but then I have to troubleshoot why it doesn't even work. To be quite honest it is a huge PITA. The software should work and keep working provided your files have not been corrupted some how. I am pretty handy with a computer so I can usually figure it out but I sure pity the people that are computerly challenged.

BTW, thanks for the link.

fordsbyjay wrote:

You know every season it seems like I have come here and search as to why the sequence editor won't work.

I don't think that is a fair statement. Versions that would expire were only beta versions of LOR2. I don't have a copy of the page or posts handy, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned more than once along the way with each version released.

LOR1 versions never expired. The versions of LOR 2 that were considered 'stable' do not have an expiry date attached to them.

By no means am I trying to minimize the frustration of the SE not working, just wanted to point out that not all versions have expiry dates, and those that do were beta's.

I am not trying to attack LOR or anything but it is a simple fact that my LOR never works come Oct. I have always had to come here and trouble shoot the problem. I have never knowingly downloaded beta software because I don't want to be a software tester. Now in my quest to get my equipment up and running I definitely could have followed someones link and got a beta version, I don't know, I am not a computer programmer and I don't want to be one every christmas season.

And... here we go again.

When there are statements like this it is clear that I am not the only one having this problem.

I just want my program to work when I start it. I have 6 computers in my house and I am the go to guy so it gets old when my own stuff doesn't work right. LOL.

I think it is great that LOR offers such great support. I found this site and read a lot of the forums before I ever purchased a single product. My decision to purchase was largely based on the fact that LOR has excellent support so it is greatly appreciated.

Jeff Millard wrote:

The point I was making was simply, it was made public that those versions of S-2 would expire. It was also suggested that users of the pre-retail versions keep themselves informed.

Many didn't.

Jeff

Don't get me wrong Jeff because I am not trying to be negative here just trying to make a point. Where was it made public? I didn't receive any emails or phone calls. I have a life outside of christmas, I work out of town 2/3 of the year and I have a family when I am home. I don't have time to come here every day to read updates nor do I want to come here every day. Heck I don't even know what version I have until I have to start troubleshooting. Christmas is already a 2 -3 month season now with setup, building, programming etc it doesn't need to be any harder.

The first version of S2 (2.0.0) was released on 11/17/2007 and at that time it was announced that the software would have a 6 month timer. Every release announcement from then till 2.3.4 which was on 6/16/09 had the expiration. Version 2.3.4 was the first version that you had a license and had to validate. There were 7 releases of S2 from the first up till the license (retail ) version.

How do I know this? I have all of them on my computer still.

Chuck

Maybe we could just suggest a popup message that says that this version has expired please visit the LOR website for more information. That way we dont have to start griping at each other and we can do what we do best.... Christmas.

If you want to hear griping ask me about being turned down for a HGTV christmas decorating show being filmed in my town because I dont have kids, the only animated lighting display though....

Actually, in my opinion there is no need for a popup box. Since the release in June 2009 you have a license and validation process. The software that expired was during the time frame while LOR was working out the license process.

Chuck

djewell wrote:

Maybe we could just suggest a popup message that says that this version has expired please visit the LOR website for more information.

That would be easier for those less computer literate.

That way we dont have to start griping at each other

I am not griping just trying to make a suggestion to make things easier for those with less computer skills.

If you want to hear griping ask me about being turned down for a HGTV christmas decorating show being filmed in my town because I dont have kids, the only animated lighting display though....

That just blows, sorry to hear that.

djewell wrote:

I have a couple you could borrow...forever... lol