Light-O-Rama Forums

Fading

michael spencer

Good Morning All.

I want to fade down from 100% to 50% over About one second and then continue for about 5 seconds at 50%. until fading down again.

Many thanks, from a wet and windy United Kingdom.

Mike.

OK, Mike.

Step 1) Go to the Tools menu and select "Fade Tool Settings". A pop-up appears. Across the red bar at the bottom, click the ninth radio button, the one that has a 50 at the top and a 100 at the bottom. Now enter your fade where needed in the timing grid. Don't close the pop-up when finished.

Step 2) Go to the Tools menu and select "Intensity Tool Settings". Click the radio button for 50. Enter an ON command for the appropriate section(s) in the timing grid where you want a continuous 50% intensity. Reset the value on the pop-up to 100% by clicking that radio button, then close the "Intensity Tool Settings" pop-up.

Step 3) On the "Fade Tool Settings" pop-up, click the second radio button (0 at the top and 50 at the bottom) on the red bar. Enter this fade in the timing grid. That's it! And before closing the "Fade Tool Settings" pop-up, reset it by clicking the fourth radio button (0 at the top and 100 at the bottom) on the red bar. Close the pop-up and you are done.

As you might see, you can set different ramps (fade-ups) as well. Just remember to always reset the settings so you don't inadvertently do something you don't want.

Hope this helps . . .

Cray

Sorry, Mike. To get the 50 percent intensity, don't use the ON tool. Use the Set Intensity tool to turn on the lights -- it looks like a small bar graph.

Cray

Another way to do this is to draw a regular fade 2 seconds long at the start then another 2 second fade starting at the 5 second mark , then with the intensity tool draw over the second half of the first fade until half way through the second fade.

But that involves math! Egad! :)

Certainly a neat trick. Now that I think about it, I do the same kind of thing to "knock the edges off" of a ramp or to interrupt a ramp abruptly. Hmmm . . . :D

Cray