Light-O-Rama Forums

Please Help! Cant install LOR, vista.

ShowProKevin

I downloaded the latest version of LOR to install on my brand new machine running vista. I tried redownloading twice with no luck.

When i go to run the installer, it just says "PREPARING TO INSTALL"..... and does nothing. (according to task manager, the installer is still responding)

Has anyone experienced this or know what might be happening here?

This is a different issue altogether. I cannot even install LOR. This is what happens:

1. The installer extracts the lightorama.msi

2. The windows installer dialogue bog reads "Preparing to install..."

...nothing

It just sits at this screen until i close the installer.

What version are you trying to install?
I have vista and have had no problems installing as other here have.
So let me think,
Could you have the user control setting on and it's not showing you the message that asks are if you want to continue so LOR is waiting for this?

You might want to send a PM to bob or lightoramadan and see if they have some suggestions.
Meanwhile I see if I can find anything that might help you.

I have a very similar problem on vista; it's probably caused by the same thing.
I am able to successfully install the latest version (2.6.0), but when I try to run any of the sequence editor or hardware utility, I get an error. (Note: I am upgrading from 2.3.8)

The error says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Light-O-Rama.msi' in the box below. Use source: C:UsersJohnAppDataLocalTemp{Unique Key}"

unavailable.png

Clicking cancel gives the message, "Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product Light-O-Rama. The Windows Installer cannot continue."
error%201706.png

I think if I could provide it with the location of the msi file that the original installer extracts in it's first step, this may solve the problem. I think it deletes it when it is done, though.
extracting.png

I may have found a solution. I re-ran the installer, and instead of choosing repair, I selected modify.

maintenance.png

It came to this screen, where I saw that it was set to only install upon first use. I selected the second option, 'This feature, and all subfeatures, will be installed on local hard drive,' instead.
customSetup.png

Well, what do you know, the installer finished, and all is well.
finished.png

So Kevin, you might want to try doing this. I'm not sure if this is exactly what your problem was, but it may help.

(Edit: Spelling)