Light-O-Rama Forums

Music/Timing Bar Cutting Out

Cray Augsburg

Got a problem.

Need expertise.

Picked a new song to sequence. Ripped it to mp3 using constant bitrate. Loaded it into Audacity. Reduced amplification a touch and exported as a wav file.

Started LOR sequencer, selected new musical sequence and entered file info. Started tapper wizard and added all timings.

I have not added any lighting commands yet. Now when I play the music, at some point (it is a random location in the music), the music stops playing but the timing bar continues its march across the screen. After an indeterminate amount of time, the timing bar stops moving, and the music starts playing from where it stopped. When the music catches up to the timing bar, both continue as normal.

I am using LOR S2 v2.3.8 Advanced (I haven't upgraded because up to now 2.3.8 has worked fine for me, and I didn't want to chance a problem before xmas.)

System is a Dell Studio laptop running Vista w/ 4G RAM.

I have not had a problem in the past. The only difference is that the sequences I created before were kept in mp3 format. This is the first time I have used wav format for a sequence. I intend to recreate it using mp3 to see if that is the problem, but I wanted to get this out there to see if any more experienced users can tell me what is happening or offer other solutions.

Thanks,

Cray

EDIT: I went back and used the mp3 version and the above cutout does not seem to occur. I have read here that it is best to edit with wav files. But I need to understand what's happening.

Any ideas?

Interesting . . . if I go to Tools/Media and select the mp3 it still works fine. If I select the wav file, it cuts out. It occurs at a different location in the music each time. And the wav file plays fine through Media Player.

Don't know what gives. I intend to start from scratch and transfer the file one more time, and I'll post a note as to how that goes. In the mean time, I'll just sequence using the mp3 version.

Cray

I'll probably try wavs again, but mp3s haven't given me a bit of trouble. At this point, I'm just baffled, and it would be interesting to know what's happening. :)

Thanks,

Cray

Sounds like something went amiss in Audacity when you ripped it to wav. Maybe try something else like NCH Switch sound file converter or try Audacity again. There are lots of other converters out there try one to see if it makes a good WAV file.

Thanks for the replies.

The resultant wav file appears to be normal, and it plays normally in Media Player. I tried a different song to sequence (yet another thing to do before the big day). :( Had the same result, BUT . . .

I used the mp3 to set the beats with Tapper Wizard, then redirected the sequence to use the wav file. Don't know, but for whatever reason, this appears to work for me (so far). And it allows my to keep the sequence in sync when entering commands, stopping and starting and such.

Something to keep in mind as I'm sequencing. :(

Cray