Light-O-Rama Forums

media file

JUN

This will be my third year with LOR. My first year was a success but, in my second year I upgraded the software version to 2.2 I think and then my sequence stop playing at all and since it was late I end up manually turning my lights on which I was really disappointed at that. Now I upgrade the software to LOR S2. My old sequence still exist but everytime I tried to play the sequence it says, "Cannot find media file". I need some help. I don't want to loose any of the sequences I have like eight of them. What I am doing wrong? Maybe someone can direct me to one of the forums. Thanks.

Open up the sequence in the sequence editor. Click "Edit -> Media File" and re-select the media file for that sequence.

Sounds like when you upgraded, the location of your audio/sequences moved. LOR couldn't find the audio file, which is why you were getting the error message.

Steve and Pete,

I tried that. I am not very good with computer. I must be missing something. Now I had the song in MP3. I am not sure if this causng the problem.

Pete,

It is not missing. When I open the sequence editor I click on existing file and all my file are in their. I pick one of the file and hit play and thats when it says cannot find media file.

I believe that if you try edit, media file and click on the song, ie reimporting back to the sequence. If I'm making sense to ya If not pm me and I will call and try to help

did you rename your media file, or move its location to another folder. you may have to rediect LOR to the new name or location.