Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas through your eyes - Gloria Estefan

bwaldrep

This is my 1st year using LOR, and I hadn't had a chance to even look at sequencing this song, however it does have a special meaning in our family, and I just wanted to ask if anyone has used this song before, and could send me a sequence.

We are using 48 channels, but anything would work.

Thanks,

Brent

I used it my first year, but dropped it the following year because it just seemed too "slow" for an animated display.

The song from the original CD is 5 minutes long!!! I used Audacity to chop out the instrumental introduction, the instrumental interlude, and a repeated verse. I ended up with 2:49, which is still a little long for a sequence, but acceptable.

I have attached the sequence for the shortened song. PM me with your email address and I'll send you the shortened music.

I'd like to add: When I did this sequence, it was my first year with LOR, so I don't think it's all that good.

Attached files Christmas Through Your Eyes (short).lms

• 2 years later...

Steven wrote:

I used it my first year, but dropped it the following year because it just seemed too "slow" for an animated display.

The song from the original CD is 5 minutes long!!! I used Audacity to chop out the instrumental introduction, the instrumental interlude, and a repeated verse. I ended up with 2:49, which is still a little long for a sequence, but acceptable.

I have attached the sequence for the shortened song. PM me with your email address and I'll send you the shortened music.

I'd like to add: When I did this sequence, it was my first year with LOR, so I don't think it's all that good.

Hi steven,

I am not sure but I thought I had emailed you but I guess I emailed the wrong person. Would you mind sending me the sound file for this sequence. I have been wanting to sequence it but just haven't had time.

Thanks,

Fred

fdeleon1970 wrote:

I am not sure but I thought I had emailed you but I guess I emailed the wrong person. Would you mind sending me the sound file for this sequence. I have been wanting to sequence it but just haven't had time.

Yes, you did email me, and I'm sorry, but I totally forgot that I did that song my first year.

On my first year, I wasn't very good about backups, so I've got to see if I can find it. I'll send you email if I do.

bwaldrep wrote:

however it does have a special meaning in our family,

The reason I forgot about it is because it has little meaning for me. The song is from the perspective of someone who has lost wonder and optimism in the process of growing up. In my case, I have never grown up, at least that's what my wife says. :)

It could also be because we don't have any children.

I'm also not a Gloria Estefan fan. I'm not a big music fan, but I'd like to say that I own every album by Weird Al Yankovic, and also Bob Rivers.