Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows 7 issues

blainedead

I bought a new laptop today to use for sequencing. It seem wifey and the kids are tired of the hostile takeover of the only computer in the house. They need their Facebook fix, if you know what I mean.

Anyhoo, I installed LOR and upgraded to version2.6.0 and am experiencing an issue. Whenever I open the sequence editor, open a sequence, or save a sequence I get a dialog box that says "Please wait while Windows configures LightORama" with a progress bar that starts and stops for up to a minute. Once it quits, it seems to work fine until I perform another such operation.

I don't think this matters, but I could be wrong. All this has taken place after LOR's normal business hours, so the software has not been registered. I working in Demo mode. I did have to use the Microsoft Cleaner program, and uninstall/reinstall in order to get it to work at all, but this seems to be the norm. I had to do the same on my pc that actually runs the show.

After seeing a couple post like this I'm wondering if Office is not taking the LOR files as it's own. (I have seen this office mentioned a couple time)
If it were me I would uninstall Office an dthe install LOR and see what happens.
Put you need to have office disk if you want to install it again.
Mind you I said if it we me,

You might PM bob or LightORamaDan and see if tey have any suggestions first
Sorry I can't be more help than that.

Well, it only came with a 60 day trial version of Office, so I don't have much to lose there. I guess I'll wait and see what happens after the software is registered tomorrow.
I figure Bob or Dan will see this thread at some point and weigh in on the matter. There's a guy on the Planet Christmas forums that has the same problem, and whoever he has been talking to at LOR hasn't been able to figure it out yet.

I've seen a thread on PC, it's what lead me to believe office may be the culprit.
They mention office in it.

I have seen Bob mentioned using the windows installer cleanup utility from Microsoft, but one guy on PC said do not use it if you have office 2007.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Good luck!

I just decided to start over from scratch. I just got the laptop today, so what did I have to lose, right?

-uninstalled all sign of LOR
-system restore all the way (a few hours) back to initial boot-up
-reinstall LOR1
-reinstall LOR2

Now it works like a charm. :cool:

I can't explain it; uninstalled/reinstalled several times already with no results. I think it may have had something to do with that Installer Cleanup Utility.

LOR 1 not needed to install LOR2. The most recent versions have been full installs. I believe they have been for nearly a year.

Also, There is a post that is Fixed at the top of this forum that states LOR's position on Windows 7. Many have installed and have it running without problems.

Chuck

When I did the system restore, the Installer Cleanup Utility was removed. I'm on duty today, so I have just now been able to get it back out and mess with it, but everything seems to be working perfectly.

This whole process has created another problem, albeit a small one. The system restore and subsequent re-installation burnt up one of my registration licenses, so the authorization key that LOR sent me today is now useless. I'll have to call it in again tomorrow, since they are already closed for the day.

I can't win for losin'...lol :?

Have you actually tried it to confirm that? I believe LOR indicates that there should be a good chance that it still recognizes as the same system after an OS reinstall.

blainedead wrote:

When I did the system restore, the Installer Cleanup Utility was removed. I'm on duty today, so I have just now been able to get it back out and mess with it, but everything seems to be working perfectly.

This whole process has created another problem, albeit a small one. The system restore and subsequent re-installation burnt up one of my registration licenses, so the authorization key that LOR sent me today is now useless. I'll have to call it in again tomorrow, since they are already closed for the day.

I can't win for losin'...lol :?

The one that LOR sent you today? As I understand the key is the same no matter how many times you retrieve it. The key is unique to you.

As far as using a seat,as KLB stated that is may not have used a seat. ANYWAY as long as you have some reason that you exceeded 5 seats LOR has stated that they will take care of things. Don't fret the license stuff.

Chuck

Yes, the license key is the same, but I am doing an offline registration. The offline authorization key has been different every time I have installed. I know its no big deal, and that they will get me another one.