Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 problems

kvpete

When I go to play range and select visible screen or selection, S2 will keep the screen on the selected or visible screen but it starts the song at the beginning. Is this suppose to happen or is it suppose to start the song in the selected, or visible screen area?

In addition to selecting "play range", to play a range you should use the play button with the little plus sign on it. This button is right next to the regular play button. See if that works.

Cray

You also need to make sure you have the "focus" on a timing that's in your visible screen. Pressing the space bar to commence play will result in playback beginning from wherever the focus is at that time. Pressing the play button will result in playback commencing from the left edge of the visible screen. The play button with the plus sign will repeat playback from wherever it began the last time. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the info. I'm a newbie, and so I just learned something. What you all suggested I had tried with no success. So I tried again nothing. My son got irritated you all know how sons can be. Anyway he tried with no success. Come to find out my mp3 file must have something wrong with it because we tried other files and it worked. so we went to amazon bought a new mp3 and it works just find. So thanks for all your help.

This document is probably a little out of date, but you want to be sure your audio files are constant bit rate. If they are not, using play visible range, or any other method than full sequence may cause the audio and sequence played to be out of sync as compared to when played in full.

This document describes how to convert a file to constant bit rate MP3 format.

http://lightorama.com/Documents/Audacity_Lame_128Kbps.pdf