Light-O-Rama Forums

Registry hack

cenote

Was wondering if there was a way to change just the default location of where all the .bak save to. Presently they save to the current directory that you are working on. Would be nice to be able to have them go to another hard drive with out moving them after you close out of the program.

bob wrote:

No, sorry, there's currently no control over where the backups go. A backup always goes to the exact same folder that the sequence it is backing up is in.

Doesn't that defeat the purposes of a backup, if something was to happen to that folder?

jimswinder wrote:

bob wrote:
No, sorry, there's currently no control over where the backups go.  A backup always goes to the exact same folder that the sequence it is backing up is in.

Doesn't that defeat the purposes of a backup, if something was to happen to that folder?

It's a different sense of "backup". This is more in the sense of "I just saved my sequence and I really want the older version back..."

Tim Fischer wrote

It's a different sense of "backup". This is more in the sense of "I just saved my sequence and I really want the older version back..."

Guess I am just too old school (hit the "Save Button" every few minutes) so my "old"
version wouldn't be much different from my "new" version. LOL

Especially have to do it with LOR, since it has a tendency to lock up my computer after about 20 minutes of editing.

Wish raises a question...does LOR have an "Automatic Save" anywhere we can set (Like every five minutes)?

I had a .lms sequence file somehow get corrupt I believe while transferring it to a flash drive. I renamed the recent .lms.bak to .lms and it saved my bacon. I have a lot of work on that sequence so the backup file is a good idea.
I also save the sequence file twice before I'm done for the day. That way the original and the backup file are identical.

I didn't have immediate access to the original hard drive saved .lms file because it was on my work computer and I was at home with the flash drive.
Don't tell work about this :)

jimswinder wrote:

Guess I am just too old school (hit the "Save Button" every few minutes) so my "old"
version wouldn't be much different from my "new" version. LOL

Especially have to do it with LOR, since it has a tendency to lock up my computer after about 20 minutes of editing.

Wish raises a question...does LOR have an "Automatic Save" anywhere we can set (Like every five minutes)?

I'm the same way. I literally wore the paint off of the ('S') key on my old laptop from hitting the save shortcut so many times (not from LOR, from my day-job stuff...) Old habit... :)

Don't think LOR has autosave, but I don't need it because of my above nerosis :)

My problem is the opposite: Sometimes I'll start with a document/sequence, want to change it and save it under a new name (and keep the original) I have to make sure I immediately do a Save-As under the new name, or I'll corrupt the original with my Ctrl-S habit...

-Tim