Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Hardware Utility issue

MrBiteMe4

My controllers work fine when the sequences are playing, however the hardware utility wont activate the lights in test mode. Any suggestions? Im using S2 software with LOR1602W's

Did you make sure you are set to the correct comm port?

Upper left hand corner to find the comm port. Then to the center top to scan for controllers. Then you select the controller that you wish to control.

Is the hardware utility the ONLY thing of LOR running at the time you are trying the hardware utility. You have to have the shows disabled and the sequence editor closed.

IN other words...ONLY ONE means of controlling the lights can have connection to the network.

Chuck

Chuck,

All is hooked up, being recognized. All systems go! This is the 3rd or 4th year with LOR. I select each controller and attempt to test it. I tried the sequencer as a last resort just to ensure it was a software issue and not the controllers. Controllers worked when sequence played. The only thing that is different this year is S2. Wasnt sure if there had been any issues.

PS. I'm runnig XP with a dual core

Amazingly never had an issue from day 1, only in year 4.....LOL

Thanks

Brian,

If you haven't already, try upgrading to the newest version 2.6.0, there was a glitch in the last release that kept the Hardware from recognizing the controllers and being able to test the lights.:D