Light-O-Rama Forums

Musical sequence

eric dominguez

I think your looking for the channel config. It's in the sequence editor, under edit menu, import/export channel config.

To expand just a bit....

Once you have your sequence set up with all the channel attributes (name, color, controller, etc) and you created your animation window (optional), under edit, you want to export you channel configuration.

Now when you open a new sequence, under edit, import your channel configuration.

On a similar note...
Is there a way to edit channel properties (primarily Unit and Circuit) across multiple sequences? Or is the only way to make the changes in one sequence, export the channel configuration, and then import this new configuration into each sequence individually and re-save them all? Would be nice to have the option for when opening a sequence it would automatically reference a configuration file and make updates accordingly. That way all you would have to do is just update one file and it would automatically take care of your other sequences. I doubt this is possible at this point. One would need a way to over-ride this, or "lock" certain sequences from changing. Or from a list of sequences, have a way of selecting which ones you would want to "auto-update configurations now."
Let me know if I am missing something or otherwise I will submit this to the wishlist.

• 4 weeks later...

When you export your configuration, does it save the dot picture that I created. That way I don't have to do it all over again on another seq. IF not How do you save the pic? Also is there a way to delete the background image in the dot picture?

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Let me know if I am missing something or otherwise I will submit this to the wishlist.

I think someone was talking about this very issue on another post just yesterday...and I believe they also sent it into the wishlist.

I have several Channel Configurations saved...and just import the one I want/need for the sequence I am doing.