Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 and using second monitor

dennislgray

I run S2 ver. 2.6.0 Advanced on my laptop and typically use a larger, second monitor. My problem is when I have the SW displayed on the second monitor, then shut down my PC, and move to the garage to test things without the second monitor connected.

When I start the SW, it is STILL trying to show on the 2nd monitor. I can't move it because it automatically opens the "Open Sequence" window. I found I can hit escape to close the "Open Sequence" window, and move the main LOR window to my laptop screen, but if I try to open a sequence, the "Open Sequence" window again opens in the now "non-existant" second monitor and I can't open anything.

Any suqggestions??

Thanks,
Dennis

Not sure what version of Windows you are running. But if it's XP you may want to try right clicking anywhere on the Desktop, left click on Properties to open the Display Properties window. Then select the Settings tab and click on the second monitor (2) then be sure that "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" is unchecked when that particular monitor is not in use.

Confused yet? Hope this helps.

If gfvillano's suggestion doesn't help, I think you will be able to fix this by editing your Windows registry. Warning: Please always be very, very careful when you edit your Windows registry.

If you feel comfortable doing so, close the Sequence Editor, then open up the program "regedit" (which is a standard program built into Windows), and in the left hand side where it lists a folder tree, open up the following folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-RamaEditorNewAndOpenDialog

In that folder are several entries (listed on the right hand side). Among these are some that control the positioning of the dialog:

FormHeight
FormLeft
FormTop
FormWidth

Delete those four entries, close regedit, and open up the Sequence Editor.

If you do not feel comfortable editing the registry, then I would suggest hooking up the second monitor temporarily so that you can move the dialog back to the primary monitor. After you do so, it should open up in that spot thereafter.