Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding time to beginning of sequence

Ponddude

Without testing the theory ...

Add time to end of sequence.

Then I think you could either skew the sequence, or add the same amount of time to your first timing mark.

as i can recall skewing the track will move the audio so you could add more time to the beginning but the timing grid stays in place so that would mess up all your timing. Is there away to move timing with it. As i would also like to do this to one of my songs.

Well, thanks for the ideas but that doesn't work. By skewing the track the events move over, but the audio stays exactly the same. I need to move the audio.

Yep same thing here. Also wondering why on my .05 timiming i can not move my first or any timming lines. Its like they are locked, but it says its not. In my .10 i can move any one i want but not over another one so i can not move it far. Also by beat wizzard works in .10 and not in .05 what am i doing wrong.

Dan Lott wrote:

Yep same thing here. Also wondering why on my .05 timiming i can not move my first or any timming lines. Its like they are locked, but it says its not. In my .10 i can move any one i want but not over another one so i can not move it far. Also by beat wizzard works in .10 and not in .05 what am i doing wrong.

Dan, I'll bet your .05 timing grid is a 'fixed grid.' As the name suggests, it's not movable.

Click the Timings button in the top right, and "Duplicate to new Freeform Grid."

Ponddude wrote:

Well, thanks for the ideas but that doesn't work.  By skewing the track the events move over, but the audio stays exactly the same.  I need to move the audio.

Do you just want blank space at the beginning of the track? If so, I think you'll need to add the blank space in Audacity, then adjust the total time on our sequence to match, then skew the track as before.

If you don't want blank space, then I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do...

You got it Tim. That is actually what I ended up doing...using Audacity.

This is something I think should be in the software. I am going to bring it up in the Beta tester forum.

Don wrote:

Dan, I'll bet your .05 timing grid is a 'fixed grid.' As the name suggests, it's not movable.

Click the Timings button in the top right, and "Duplicate to new Freeform Grid."

Yep, it was thanks for the help.;)