Light-O-Rama Forums

What is the best way to move a tree to another channel

bwaldrep

Due to power concerns I need to move a tree which I programmed on channel 11, down to channel 8, and vice versa. What is the easiest way to do this, on my 15+ sequences that are all completed?

I was thinking I could edit one sequence, export the channel's and then import them into the others, but I don't think that would work (unless I'm not thinking correctly)

In short, I just need to change what channel a tree is plugged into, but I want to keep the given programming with that tree. I'm thinking copy and paste the 2 rows, and make sure I change the channel ID correctly. But do I need to do this manually in every sequence?

Thanks for your help,
Brent

why not just switch extension cords?

Edit: Never mind...obviously wasn't thinking straight with that answer...

Good thinking jim. Jims idea would be the easiest. Other than that you could copy and paste and move that channel. But i think i would just change channel configuration and leave all the editing in place import the channel configuration and go to each sequence and export your new channel list.

I still need the programming switched. If I just change the cords, the incorrect item will flash.

I have a series of 6 trees, that are sequenced together (channels 9-14). 2 of which are almost 8 amps each (the other 4 are LED's using under 1 amp each), so I need to move one to the 8 amp trees to the other side of the board (channels 1-8) so when all are one, I don't blow a fuse.

This was a beginners error.

EDIT: Maybe I'm over thinking this... am I wrong in my above thinking of just switching the cords, and what will flash?

no you are right about the cords that one went over my head and i had to think about it. It was a good thought. If you just change what channel you have selected then you will not have to move any of your sequencing around. That way instead of being programing line 4 on channel four you can have programing line 4 on channel 13 for say.

Thanks Dan,

So if I go in and edit the channel ID #, and get it the way I want it, can I then use the export/import feature? Or will I need to make the change manually on each sequence?

I'm just having a hard time thinking through this, and I don't want to mess up all the sequences I have done.

nope once it is the way you want it just save that channel list and then open each song or animation and import the new channels. I have done it multiple times as i am always adding new things changing my visualizer and adding channels.