Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem trying to save schedules

Joe D

Hello,

I am in the process of trying to save my sequences for this years show. I was able to save the sequences and named the file show2009.lcc . When I entered the schedule editor, I added that file and selected the days to run. When I tried to save a window popped up and said "Unable to save". Any ideas why this would be happening? Running LOE Ver 2.3.8.

Thanks

Joe

Joe, I am not sure if this is the only reason, but I ran into this issue a couple of times when I was trying to save over an old version with a new version. In theory I can't imagine why that would happen. Maybe there was some interaction going on.

I just saved it as a new name and I was able to then load and resave everytime after that. Not sure what that was all about, cos I didn't have time to research it. Just save it as a new file.

• 2 weeks later...

hey i had this happen also. deleted those files and still same error. any ideas? i am upgrated to 2.6.0, one computer works fine and the show computer has this can not save issue.

Hmmm... maybe try downloading the LORDiagnostic tool:

Run it, and check what it says for "UserDataPath" (in the "Registry: Shared" section, near the top). Is that the directory that you expect? Does that directory exist? Does the Windows user you're running LOR under have access to that directory?

i changed the user and it works fine. i am going to reload all the new stuff for 2009 and make sure all is well.

as usual... thanks to all for the help

chip

• 3 weeks later...

I have this same problem and through all the information supplied above I can contibute the following:

If you do a diagnostics as suggested above, the UserDatPath will be displayed. This is the location that the weeksched.lsc and yearsched.lsc files will be saved (and created) when you save a schedule. If you have used LOR previously, You have created the UserDataPath location. If you try to save the new shcedule and that location does not exist, you will get the error because the location is not actually there. What Chipwdw did was to rework the location so it has a proper path to save to and all is good.

The problem I currently have is I don't know how to change the path. How did you switch users?

I think that by "switch users", he meant that he was running on the computer as a Windows user who didn't have the necessary security permission to access the directory that he had set as his LOR user data path. He changed to being a different Windows user, which had access to that directory.

If the directory doesn't actually exist, I suggest running the LORPost utility, which can be found in the directory with your LOR program files (which is typically, but not always, C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama). It will ask you for a directory where you want your data files kept; tell it the level above where you want your sequences and your media files.

For example, if you tell it "C:LOR", it will store your schedule files in that directory, your sequence files in C:LORSequences, and will look for your media files (by default) in C:LORAudio.

The four eyed monkey saves the day again, Thanks. I think that will work but I can't confirm it until I the show end. It seems like that utility should be accessable from the sequence editor. Seems like it anti-intuitive to locate it in the LOR folder.