Light-O-Rama Forums

Light levels in LOR demo software

Guest guest

I'm playing with the demo version of the LOR controller s/w until I get my first 16-channel controller (whoo-hoo).

Can the controller ONLY provide lighting at 50% level, not individually-controllable? What if I want one channel at 30% and another channel at 70% intensity.

What if I want stars to "shimmer" but also to grow in intensity at the same time? Can't I overlay effects to a channel?

I've been reading about sound-sync "beat-marking" software but the tapper method seems to work fine, but can't the tapper ALSO be slowed-down just like the actual playback can be slowed to 1/2 speed?

DrHitch wrote:

Can the controller ONLY provide lighting at 50% level, not individually-controllable? What if I want one channel at 30% and another channel at 70% intensity.

If you want one channel at 30% and another at 70%, simply program it that way. The controller will be able to handle this.
What if I want stars to "shimmer" but also to grow in intensity at the same time? Can't I overlay effects to a channel?

You can not program a Fading/Shimmering Twinkle without some creative programming. It can be done. See my "Queen of the Winter Night" sequence in the LOR Wiki for an example.

Sorry to revive this "stupid" thread, but.....

In the demo software, you can only set a channel to 50%, not 25% etc. What am I missing?

I see where I can change the setting "default" value for all channels for all further drag & drop, but can't right-click or set the intensity for just one channel for only one time segment.....Am I nuts?

Thanks Tom,

Are you telling me that EVERY time I want to change the "default" intensity from 50% to 25% for each block of time and for each channel, that I have to go back to use "tools"?

Oh my aching mouse...........

DrHitch wrote:

Are you telling me that EVERY time I want to change the "default" intensity from 50% to 25% for each block of time and for each channel, that I have to go back to use "tools"?

If you can plan ahead a bit you can minimize the times you need to change the intensity. Click all areas that you want to be 25% then all the areas to be 50%...

Something else you can do is set everything to 50% then go back and click cells that you want to have other intensitys....

With a bit of planning you can take a bit of the ache out of your mouse (but not all).

LightORama wrote:

DrHitch wrote:

If you can plan ahead a bit you can minimize the times you need to change the intensity. Click all areas that you want to be 25% then all the areas to be 50%...

Something else you can do is set everything to 50% then go back and click cells that you want to have other intensitys....

With a bit of planning you can take a bit of the ache out of your mouse (but not all).

Another trick is to put all the different intensities you use (e.g. 20%, 40% 50% etc) in an unused track somewhere in the grid. Then you can just copy and paste them where you really want them.

-Tim

P.S. Intensity shortcuts would make a great feature request maybe 1-9 would be 10-90% intensity. It would be nice to have something similar for fades, but not sure how that would work off the top of my head since there are two values... Maybe a floating, modeless window with some presets for common values..

tfischer wrote:

Another trick is to put all the different intensities you use (e.g. 20%, 40% 50% etc) in an unused track somewhere in the grid. Then you can just copy and paste them where you really want them.

Im going to use that one. Thanks!