Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie's first Halloween

Guest guest

Well, after 2 of my 4 LOR units going down, I finally got 3 songs programmed for Halloween. The first song "Holiday House," we composed specifically to start the show (we live on "Morrison Street" in "Valley Village." The second song is "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and the final song is "This is Halloween." Unfortunately, the purple icicle lights didn't show up very well on the video. Special thanks to vladdysdaddy (sorry if that's not the right spelling) for the singing pumpking idea. We had purple and orange icicles across the front of the house and picket fence, with a lighted pumpkin on every fence post. We do a lot more the actual night of Halloween.

Looking forward to starting on Christmas!

Hey that' looks really great. Is your talking face guy just made of ropelight? I really like how simplistic your talking face guy is! Not that, that's a bad thing! It's great!!!
Cheers
Evan

NWSanta wrote:

Hey that' looks really great. Is your talking face guy just made of ropelight? I really like how simplistic your talking face guy is! Not that, that's a bad thing! It's great!!!
Cheers
Evan

Thanks! Yeah, it's a big black piece of black corrugated plastic and I attached the rope light to it. I originally used hot glue...that didn't last long. So I then used twisty ties. The eyes are one channel, mouth closed one chanenl and mouth open one channel. I wanted to do an "O" mouth too, but was afraid I wouldn't have enough channels for the rest of my stuff. It's kind of tricky syncing the mouth to the lyrics, but if you slow the music down, it helps.

And I stole this idea from vladdysdaddy! But I added in the other pumpkin faces around it. It was a huge hit!