Light-O-Rama Forums

Green LED's

Darryl Lambert

Is anyone else having A problem in finding green LED's. Specifically 70 ct C6 green LED's. Here in Ontario I've been to Rona, Lowes, Home depot, Wal-mart, The Superstore, and Canadian tire. Nobody has them! Not C6, C7, C9, or minis.I don't mean out of stock but they don't carry them at all!! When I ask the store managers they all agree that it's a Christmas color and they should carry them but offer no explanation as to why they don't.

I found one place through an electrical supplier and they want $23 a set. O.k. if your buying one or two but I need sixty-four!!

I've ordered from both CDI and LEDHolidayLighting in the past. The greens from them are simply beautiful...

I've seen some in the local stores I haven't liked at all.

Thats sort of my problem as well. I'm a little to anal about the color. Some of the greens are more like lime. Since I already have some 7500+ green ( all one manufacture ) I'm looking for a match. Plus because there going on my mega-tree I would like to have them the same length and bulb spacing as my red LED's. Which are 70 ct 4" bulb spacing.

Darryl

I just checked LEDHolidayLighting...and he still has some.

Are you looking for commercial or just retail strings?

I don't really have a preference. It's whatever fits the bill and isn't overly expensive.

Darryl

I know a lot of people don't like them but last night at the wal mart where I live they had the green mini leds. they also had Blue and maybe red. I bought one blue box of the minis and for some reason the flickering don't seem to be there as last years boxes unless you held them in your hand and moved them real fast. I needed one more box to finish a mini tree.

Darryl Lambert wrote:

I don't really have a preference. It's whatever fits the bill and isn't overly expensive.

Darryl

Just got an email from Creative Displays...and they have some green and apparently on sale.

Hi Jim

I've seen the ones from Creative Displays and they don't quite fit the bill. I was hoping for 70 ct 24' length. I managed to order a sample string from a manufacture in China. I'm hoping there what I'm looking for. If not I might have to use creative displays. I've got my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the information.

Darryl

• 3 weeks later...

Green M5's have been a no show out west, and green in general has been scarce. I found a few c6's at London Drugs, Zellers, and PV Mart. A few Canadian Tires have had c9's.

Lots of early sell outs, guess no one wants to get stuck with stock.

A bit of a update.

Received a sample from a manufacture in China. I must say they were great. Probably the best Green LED I've seen. A few friends and family agreed.

So I ordered 100 sets! That's there minimum quantity in order to get the $8.58 price. I don't know if it's bait and switch or what but after I wired the money they informed me that they could not get the green lens and have to switch to a clear. NOT impressed. :X When I inquired about cancelling they said they couldn't because the production had started and this was like a custom order. I got stuck between a rock and a hard place. They got my money and they knew I was desperate. They were very apologetic and claim you can't see the difference. That remains to be seen.

I'm to receive them Friday. I hope there right!

I got the c9 Dimmable Green LEDs from LEdHolidayLighting.com believe they are the same as ones from CreativeDisplays.com and absolutely love them!

it always made me laugh that the c7 LEDs from home depot have one LED diode in them and then the C9 LEDs have only one also the only difference is the lens size.

The C9 ones from LEDHolidayLighting have 5 Diodes in them and they are bright and beautiful and fade very nice. I belive the C7 ones have 3 diodes in them but I didnt get any of them this year