Light-O-Rama Forums

general note on upgrade install

wopper87

i, like many others had forgotten the warning that the 2.0 version was just a temp. version and that there was a time limit to it. so i, like many others recently opened their editor to find it would not even open. after a little search on this forum i found i had to update.

i installed the new one and soon found that it would not let me fully install. it kept referring to it trying to access a shared network file. this was the temp. file when the program was setting up for installation. i thought maybe this was due to fact i said run instead of save at the download. so i restarted and re-downloaded the file and again the same error.

i did finally decide to just un-install and reinstall. and this worked after that. i did save my sequence and audio files just incase but it seemed the un-install did not remove this files anyway.

so for a note you might want to make on the s2 upgrade page. if you have the early version 2.016, yes it is expired and you will need to download the new version.

and yes you do recommend un-installing the older version and then installing the upgrade (which by the way if people have to do this its not really a upgrade- but that's just my opinion) and its recommended to save a copy of the sequence and audio folder, plus the .lsc files usually in the root LOR folder. if you can do these few tips i am sure there will be a lot less "frustrated" people

I upgraded from an older version when the licensed version came our and never had to do the uninstall. There has been a forum setup for FAQ relating to the more reported problems.

I did help a friend update her system and did get the network error message. From reading the forums I knew exactly what to do. Found the post that pointed to the MSI cleanup program and everything works fine.

There were also 3 versions released between the time the version mentioned in the original post and the licensed version.

Chuck

i too was having issues upgrading from 2.0.16 to 2.6.0. i had to use the link to bob's post with the microsoft download. once i used that i was able to get both computers (seq. & show) updated and seems to be working fine. will run tests early next week though, more to check my stuff. anyway, just follow the directions on the post from bob.