Light-O-Rama Forums

Version conflict?

JB

Hi all. I dont like the word newbie, so I will use rookie instead. Trying to t-fer sequences and all from my xp pc to a vista pc. Had several problems, but I am close. The thing I noticed tonight is that when I go to the hardware utility it says version 1.6.4. Sequencer and show editor are version 2.3.8. It will not run a show. When I set the ID's intitially 2 days ago the hardware utility worked fine. I have had 5x the trouble transferring things to another PC than I did setting up everything for the first time. Any ideas why it is stating a different version?? Thanks all.

I checked my utility and it say 2.6 like the editor.
You could try try the new version that came out today and see what happens Or uninstall the program and re-install with the new version .

All of the software programs should have the same version number (firmware may have different numbers). If they don't, something's misinstalled on your machine, and things may not work properly.

I would suggest going to your computer's Add/Remove Programs, and uninstalling anything that says "Light-O-Rama". Then reboot, then install a clean copy of whatever version you actually want to use (probably the latest, 2.6.0). Do not install earlier versions first - just go straight to the version that you actually want to use.

For future reference, we announce new releases in the "Important Announcements" forum on these boards. Here's the announcement for version 2.6.0:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum55/20281.html