Light-O-Rama Forums

How to start show immediately

Jim Hans

First year with LOR. I've put 6 sequences together into a show using LOR software. Figured out how to schedule it etc. I now have most of my lights up and want to test the show. Is there an easy way to do this? Is there a START SHOW NOW button?

So far all I can figure out is to schedule a start time every time I want to start it to test/tweek the show. My goal is to run the show checking for correct channel assignments/need to switch... time between sequences... etc. Having to go into the show editor to change start times each time I want to start it for testing can be time consuming and a pain. Ideally there would be a start/stop button like playing a video or song.

On an unrelated topic. Most of you guys have the cool graphic showing number of channels and lights.... where did you get that?

Any help would be appreciated. Being a newbie I learned A LOT from reading these boards. You guys are very helpful!

When testing, I just schedule a show for all day. Then use the enable shows to start it up when needed.

When stopping a show, you can do it two ways:
1) Disable shows in the control panel- this will stop the sequence immediately, and may leave some lights on (e.g. X-10)
2) Go into the schedule editor, and change the currently-running show's end time to something earlier than the current time. Then save the schedule -- it will soon be 'noticed' by the control panel and the show will stop after the current-running sequence finishes.

It would be nice to have a manual override button so you didn't have to do these workarounds in the schedule...

Never thought ofthe control panel. That will work... still not as easy as on/off buttons... but better. Thanks for the quick answer.

On a related note, when I am testing/tweaking, I bring my lappy outside and test each sequence individually and tweak as needed. I usually set up a chair and small table. It kinda feels like conducting an orchestra.

iresq wrote:

On a related note, when I am testing/tweaking, I bring my lappy outside and test each sequence individually and tweak as needed. I usually set up a chair and small table. It kinda feels like conducting an orchestra.

hmmmmm...maybe some nights I will go out on the front lawn, baton in hand and "direct" the lights to go on and off!!! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Tim Fischer wrote:

When testing, I just schedule a show for all day. Then use the enable shows to start it up when needed.

Would I be assuming correctly then that as soon as you enable it, the show starts and keeps repeating the show until you disable it?