Light-O-Rama Forums

channels gone

Rod Zinger

Hi:

I finally downloaded the new version S2 2.5.6 and got it coming up but when I open my squences from last year they play fine but are only showing 1 channel working instead of 16. Plus I changed the names of the channels & they are gone. What am I doing wrong, can anybody help ?????? Help ????

Thanks

Rod

I'm not sure I understand - when you say they "play fine but are only showing 1 channel working instead of 16", do you mean that only one channel shows up on the screen but that all 16 channels are controlled (i.e. their lights actually work), or do you mean that only one channel displays on the screen and only that one channel controls the lights, but that one channel controls the lights fine?

You might want to check in the same directory with the sequences for backup files (*.bak). For example, if your sequence is named MySequence.lms, there might also be a MySequence.lms.bak. If so, rename it to some name that ends in ".lms" - for example, "MySequence-Backup.lms", and then you'll be able to open it with the Sequence Editor.

That's for musical sequences. For animation sequences, they will be ".las" instead of ".lms".

One thing to note: If instead of "MySequence.lms" and "MySequence.lms.bak", you see "MySequence" and "MySequence.lms", then you probably have your copy of Windows set up to hide file extensions from you. If so, the one that shows up as "MySequence" is probably really "MySequence.lms", and the one that shows up as "MySequence.lms" is probably really "MySequence.lms.bak". In this case, I would suggest first changing your Windows settings so that it does not hide the file extensions.