Light-O-Rama Forums

Found the bug in the LOR 2.4.8 software the embarrassing way.

Jeff McKnight

Well, first of all I started my show 10-09-09.. It played for just about 2 weeks flawlessly. It started at 7:00pm and ended at 11:00pm. My wife wanted me to let it run until midnight on the weekends, So I changed it from 7 till midnight. Saturday evening (10-24-09) we went out all night with some friends and they wanted to see the lights. We got home at 11:45pm and to my embarrassment my display was playing my little 30 second into to the show over and over and over all night long...

I got into the show editor and tried to edit times and it still played just the intro or just the first song in the show over and over again. So I deleted the whole show and schedule and started over again remaking a show and it worked... Monday thru Friday that is... Low and behold Saturday rolls around (Which is just Halloween by the way and 200 kids and adults walking in front of the coolest house in the town) and the thing starts repeating the intro over and over again. Oh great, how embarrassing AGAIN.... So, since their were people out in front of the house and I had my outside speakers running I just stayed in the garage and played the different songs through the sequence editor until trick or treating was over.

On a guess I decided to go on to the lightorama website to see if there was a new version of the software, and if there was maybe that would work. Well there was a 2.5.1 or something there so I got that and put it on the show computer and "Bingo" the rest of the night was golden.

I looked today on this forum to check the troubleshooting to see if anyone else had the same problem as me and I didn't see any threads about it, to my surprise. Then I looked at the "Software" thread and there it was. New software for the bug in 2.4.8 for Saturday shows scheduled till midnight.

Anyway, the weird thing about the bug was it would not let me just edit time. It would always say there is a show time conflicting with this show when there was nothing there. That or I would delete it and close the editor then reopen it and it was still there after it said changes would be lost. I though my registry on my computer was all screwed up. I did a system restore and it still played that damn intro over and over again. Man, this was the first time I had ever had any trouble with LOR and it figures it happened at the most inopportune times.