Light-O-Rama Forums

Problems in saving???

Robert Burton

I am having issues when I save a file. This started before the 2.58 version. I had a work around when I made a change to the current .lms file...I would save after every change. Now, it is saying that it cannot save...would you like to save under another name. Can't do that EVERY TIME. Plenty of hard drive space and memory. Running Vista.
Thanks,
Robert
:(

I have got this error

Error saving file...... do you want to try to save to another file name?

Detail invalid procedure call or argument

Don't know if that is what he is getting..

That is the one. I am in the middle of shaving down some of the "hits" in my sequences. Turns out I have amperage issues....just not enough power to handle it.
Robert

Hmmm... perhaps something isn't fully installed? I would try the "repair" option in LOR's entry in Add/Remove Programs. If that doesn't work, I would try uninstalling completely, and then reinstalling.

If I uninstall...it won't take away my documents folder of sequences will it? Do I need to rename that? Haven't tried your suggestion yet but will.
Thanks, :(
Robert

I do not see a repair in LOR add or remove. Am I missing something? Under add or remove programs just LOR remove.

Go into your control panel and you will find it there.

The problem I am having is that to repair it....it's looking for the file "off" my computer and "on the network"? I wonder if some of the program installs from the download site? We're going to uninstall and see....

Take a look at this thread, especially the 2nd to last post. I'm not sure if this is the exact error message you are getting, but the issue sounds similar, and this appears to have worked for one user.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=20042&forum_id=72&highlight=MSXML

Sounds kind of like mine. However I can't get that ro run from command prompt. Not sure what directory I need to be in. Now I am running Vista. Don't know if that matters.

Restarted, and it would let me save...but for how long? not sure.

I just downloaded the LOR Power Usage Utility and tried it out myself, getting the same results: If I have the utility open, and have used it on some sequence, I cannot save that sequence (in the Sequence Editor) until I close the utility.

I have sent the author of the utility an email asking if he could please take a look at this issue, but in the meantime, for anyone who might find this thread in the future: If you're using the LOR Power Usage Utility, and you get this problem, close the utility and then try to save the sequence again.