Light-O-Rama Forums

how to edit channel config file?

medman2000

Ok I did it last year, but in the process of adding 1000+ channels again (different config from last year) and OMG if I can't use copy/paste this is going to take forever!

When I try to open up the channel config file or the sequence file, it is all garbled. I thought last year I was able to use notepad. I downloaded editplus but that still gives me garbled stuff.

I'm sure I'm missing something super easy but which edit program works, and any special way of opening files?

Thanks!

Depending on what you mean by "garbled", using Wordpad instead of Notepad might clear it up.

Please always be careful when modifying sequence files or channel config files in this way. Make sure you make a backup. It's very easy to accidentally make a change that will render the file incomprehensible to LOR.

I'm thinking now that this is a problem with me still waiting for my license to arrive, downloaded the update and installed both the basic and then update on my new computer just now. So now just in demo mode.

Bob if you're still around I sent an email to the software support address at LOR, if anyone can send the license today still would be cool :)

Thanks!

Yes, if your computer is in Demo mode, or licensed with a Basic level license, your sequences will save encrypted.

If you upgrade to a license level higher than Basic, and resave an encrypted sequence on the same machine it was originally encrypted on, it will become unencrypted.

You can retrieve your license by entering your email address into the following page:

http://www.lightorama.com/licenseRetrieval.html

The license info will typically be emailed to you pretty quickly after that. If it seems to be taking a while, check your spam folder.

Make sure to enter the same email address that you used to purchase the license. If you don't know that, or no longer have access to it, or have any other problem retrieving your license, contact LOR customer support.