Light-O-Rama Forums

Visulizer pull down block toggle lost..

chakorules

Ok this was handy to have.

Last year in version 2.0.6 of LOR, in visualizer I would put my mouse cursor ontop of the pull down box to highlight it. Then I could arrow up or down to cycle through all the channels very quickly. Of course it would highlight the channel in the pull down box and then show my the corresponding pattern in visualizer.

This year version 2.4.8 advance, I can't do that anymore. Why was that taken out? I liked being able to cycle through the light channels to check my animation visualizer quickly? Any chance to bring that back for next year?

The visualizer's pull down channel list in the "Drawing" box is only available when you select the "draw" option.

George Simmons wrote:

The visualizer's pull down channel list in the "Drawing" box is only available when you select the "draw" option.

Before the change was made you could have in draw mode and with the box highlighted, you could scroll through all the channels with the scroll wheel on the mouse. :)

Now you can only select only one channel from the pull down menu...It does not stay highlighted and can no longer scroll :D

Tim

I believe that is also a side effect of always returning focus to the sequence window, which allows for some efficiencies when sequencing by keyboard shortcuts with the animation window up.

I have already suggested that the animation window should only return focus to the sequence when it is in view mode, and that while in erase or draw modes, the animation window should retain focus, which should return this behavior.

Oops... I hadn't checked what the scroll wheel on the mouse does/did. I guess I never even knew that function was there. You're right - it sounds like a feature that is good to have. Maybe we'll hear from Bob regarding this...

As -klb- described, this is an inadvertent side effect of the change to give focus back to the main window (which was done to make keyboard-based editing easier).

We'll get it worked out, but in the meantime, there's a workaround:

Instead of clicking on the name of the channel, click on the down arrow to the right of it. You'll then be able to scroll using the mouse wheel (the arrow keys still won't work, though).

bob wrote:

As -klb- described, this is an inadvertent side effect of the change to give focus back to the main window (which was done to make keyboard-based editing easier).

We'll get it worked out, but in the meantime, there's a workaround:

Instead of clicking on the name of the channel, click on the down arrow to the right of it. You'll then be able to scroll using the mouse wheel (the arrow keys still won't work, though).

That works for scrolling only... it used to scroll ...and at the same time the corresponding cells for the channel that was in the box would "light up".

Tim

I scroll through the list (using the arrow keys) all the time when I'm creating the animation. It helps me find cells that have been assigned wrong.

I hope that capability can be returned. Thanks Bob.