Light-O-Rama Forums

Background animation blinks between sequences

grump010

I'm running a simple background sequence of 2 channels alternately fading in and out, with a 3 X 50% increase loop. Sequence runs fine when tested, but when running in the background of the show editor it will turn off and then immediately back on between sequences. I've unchecked all the "turn used lights off at the end each sequence" check box on all file tabs and this hasn't solved the problem. Is there another location that I'm missing for this behaviour to be changed?

I'm running 2.4.10 Advanced.

Are the lights 100% on at the beginning and end of the sequence? Give this a try. I believe the leave the lights on option was geared more towards on/off then effects.

Just after I typed that, I heard my halloween inflates doing the same thing. They are steady on and set up on animation. Every minute they bleep off then back on. The turn lights off was not selected. I moved the animation to the background tab and it's running just fine. This is on 2.5.2.

I agree with Chuck to get everything first.

I was hoping to avoid anymore upgrades until after Halloween, but what better time than the present. :D

I completed the upgrade and I still get the same results, at the beginning and after each sequence the background animation blinks off and a second later back on. Any other suggestions, am I missing an all lights off parameter in each of the sequences. Drawing at straws here, worked for me in the past with the same sequences but not this year. The new 2.5.6 is cool though, it now has a log files for events and there is nothing obvious showing in that file either. I'm going to create a simple lights on animation without loops and fades and see if that works.

Thanks

Daryl B.

Tried a new sequence and they just blink on and off at the beginning and that's it, even tried creating a new show to no avail.

Can you please send me (bob@lightorama.com) copies of your sequence files and your show file?

All of the sequences in the show, please, not just the one or ones that you're having this trouble with.

Thanks.

Done, thanks Bob. I also included the .lss file, but it is modified to not have a background animation.

Thanks, but now I think that I might be misunderstanding something: The show file you sent doesn't have background sequences, but the problem you're having is with background sequences?

Yes I know, these are after I modified the sequences and the show file to run what was in the background as part of each individual sequence, I don't have the original show file or sequences. Would you like me to recreate the original scenario and send them to you?

It is a little late in the game, but one question:

On the version with the background sequence, how confident are you that those two channels were not configured as channels in your main sequence? If they were in the main sequence, either the all lights off, or possibly the start of a channel with nothing but off could cause the lights to go out, until the background sequence sends the next command.

klb, I just finished repairing my sequences and came back here to post and read your post. Low and behold, is exactly what I did. When I started to return the sequences to their original status for Bob it became as obvious as the b**l's on a dog, boy do I feel silly. I originally said that nothing had changed when in fact I created a new template for the show this year.

Thanks to all that helped and sorry for wasting your time Bob, I know everyone is very busy and I really appreciate all the help.

Back to regular programing now!!!!

Glad to hear it's worked out. You might want to check out the LOR Verifier, though - it can detect problems like this and tell you about them before you run your show.

I ran the verifier, but got so many srrors (900+) that I set some of the fault codes to ignore and ... how do you reset the ignored items?